Dad said he quit cigs

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kush Xx216, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Well about 6-8 months ago my dad quit smoking after a long ass time of smoking. Like 30 years or so. Idk. Well always talks about how he's glad he doesn't smoke anymore. Well today when we were working we went to the gas station. He said he was getting something to drink. When he came out he handed me the bag and it had the receit in it. Something in my head told me to look at it so I did and I saw that it said 1 pack of newports and 1 bic lighter. The first thing I thought was that he was buying them for my mom who smokes. But I smelled cigs on his breath and I saw the cellophane on the car floor. I thought holy shit my dad is back at it again. Im not trying to be a hypocrite cuz I smoke but what should I do blades. Should I confront him about it or should i tell my mom? I'm sick to my stomach right now. Idk what to do. I know it's not really a big thing to worry About but I am. I know my mom doesn't know. The only thing is i havent seen him

2. Fuck lol. I'm on my iPod and accidentally hit send. What i was saying was the only thing is that i haven't seen him actually smoking. But there is proof he has cigs. So what should I do?

3. There's not much you can do. He's an adult, and if he wants to smoke, he will.

If this is really bugging you, you should talk to him about it. Since you smoke as well, why don't you offer to quit with him? It's a lot easier to quit when you have someone that's going through it at the same time as you.

4. Dude just forget about it, my dad does the same thing. I haven't seen him smoke a cig in two years but I find butt's and lighters all the time. He claims to just smoke cigars, but he's really just good at hiding it. Once you've been smoking that long you're hooked for life man, just accept it.

5. #5 Jazzyj, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Not true. My grandpa smoked until he was close to 50. Went to a hypnotist and never touched a cig again.

6. #6 Convict, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hypnotism doesnt work for everyone but I've heard it works wonders. I know people who were long life smokers and dippers, went to a hypnotist, and now can't even look at tobacco without getting disgusted.