Dad found my pipe - err...

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Dec 17, 2008.

1. So, I like to smoke weed. It's that simple.

My parents caught me a first time and told me to stop, and I did for an entire month. But then Pineapple Express came out. That was the end of the hiatus.

So, that was in July. I was caught last week. My tiny pipe (What'sThatSmell can verify that it's quite small) was sitting in my tube amp, pushed against the chassis. It's actually impossible to see unless you were to reach in behind and feel around.

I was getting dressed one morning and my dad comes up to me, quite pissed off.

"WE NEED TO HAVE A TALK?"

"Er, about what?"

"That. What's in there?"

"Uhm, a pipe?"

"I'm not going to tell Mom, there's no way you're ruining Christmas!"

So he leaves and now I'm all sketched out and paranoid. He told me he wanted to talk to me. He waited three days and while on my way to work in the car, he asked "What's with the dope thing?" and I explained there was nothing to it, that it wasn't a big deal. He asked me what I was smoking, and I said... "Uh weed?" and he was like "Well, I don't know what's out there." He then went on to ask how often I do it (which I lied about), who I do it with, and etc.

So basically, I wish they'd just understand that nearly everyone does it, that it's no biggie. If they confront me about it, what do I tell them? I love weed, I really do, and it hasn't affected my school or marks at all. I don't understand what they have against it?

So, what do I do? :|

2. How old are you?
    If your over 18 tell em your a big boy and you know whats best for you
    and show em this site
    www.abovetheignorance.org

3. ya man if your 18 theres really not shit they can say to you

4. Seriously, I'm getting fucking tired of all these threads...

OOOO my parents caught me smoking weed! My life is over!
    Get fucking real for christ sakes... It's your parents, of course you don't want to disappoint them, and you thrive for their approval but it's nothing more than a slap on the wrist, regardless if you think it is or not at this time... If you want to keep toking, keep it on the DL. Do it out of the house, always keep visine and cologne no you at ALL TIMES. And you're fine.

Believe me mother fucker, once you get in trouble with the law for this shit it's muuuuuch more steep.

Count your blessings while you can.

5. He is 18.
    And yeah the pipe is really small it's practically disposable ($5 glass pipe, bought it one time when in a sticky situation).

But, uh.
    Seeing as how he is living under their roof and needs their help for post-secondary education he can't exactly just tell them to fuck themselves.

6. :hello:

7. ^^^ agreed, you think its bad now, just wait until you cop a charge, then you really have to deal with some shit

8. well if you can, get that point across to them as much as possible. show them that you can lead a successful life just fine while partaking in smoking the herb. although you have to keep in mind, most parents won't consider any of these things simply because it is illegal, and is not something they will allow in their house. if that is the case, you should respect their wishes...

9. ...and he was like "Well, I don't know what's out there."

If that's what he said when you told him you smoke weed then he isn't worried about weed itself. Tell him you smoke very little and you find that a little weed stops you from ever wanting to experiment with anything else.

Make him realize that marijuana is protecting you from drugs that could literally kill you. And that you're really careful when you buy it and smoke it.

10. Agreed with that.

But hide your stuff better...

11. +1 on weebie's comment

BUT i can't help be find the irony in the situation... you lied to your 'rents about having quit... and then your dad goes and lies (witholding is akin to lying in my book) to your mother.... quality

*by no means was that a dig on your fam, btw.... just got a chuckle out of it all

12. Except "get the fuck out of my house". Why don't people understand that? Just because your 18 doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for your actions.

13. Yeah exactly.
    Both WHL and I are 18.
    But that doesn't mean we can just give our parents the finger and toke up in our rooms.

Just because you're old enough to move out..doesn't mean you should.
    That'd completely fuck either of us for our educational futures and in turn..the rest of our lives.

Shit isn't so black and white.

14. if my parents tried to kick me out of the house for smoking weed, id gladly go live with a friend. I moved in with my friend when i was 16

15. To be honest, I don't like being called a mother fucker. I do keep it on the "DL". I always go out to smoke, I never bring any weed into the house, and my first downfall was my use of Visine - they found it and made a very simple connection.

And yes, they can kick me out, and I don't want that. So, yeah. Sorry for making you mad.

16. Ok, that's your position. Not everyone is the same. Not quite seeing the point of your post?

Anyway to the OP, sit down and try to have an actual discussion about it with your Dad. Tell him the facts; he might feel the same but it's worth a try.

17. I did that the first time.

He said he tried it and all he felt was "sleepy".

I was tempted to say "Sleepy? Try my shit and you'll be on your ass, zoned out for hours!" but I refrained.

He's really stubborn, but I want to tell him that I'd much sooner smoke weed than I would drink. Is drinking not more dangerous? Meh, I dunno, I was just venting. I actually think he may be coming to terms with it, because he knows everytime I go out, I get high, and he hasn't attempted to stop or question me since our last run in, so I do not know...

18. When my dad found my pipe and bong, he melted them with a blowtorch.

Youve got it lucky

19. If you want to get ahead in life, live by your parents rules under their house (thus keeping them happy) and smoke outside the home, with your paraphernalia outside as well. If its illegal, why should thjey allow it in their house (maybe there afrai of getting caught.)

If you dont want to get ahead in life, do what that kid did at 16 and try to live on your own, its so damn hard. also, i do realize that everyone has their own situation, and some people need to move out at 16 because of other issues (crazy or abusive parents.) but i concluded by your post that your family is stable and intact. This post is for your only.

Toke outside the house, bring nothing in the house pertaining to marijuanna

20. This is good. Yeah, I may as well just not bring it in the house. If I don't do that, and always go out to smoke, they can't get that pissed. I am 18... and I am a very well rounded person. I dunno, maybe they'd rather me booze up or something less appealing.