DACA..."dreamers" no more?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA, official says

So this should be a lively thread here. What says GC about the dreamer program? In short, DACA was a program that barry O put in VIA executive order to protect children who were brought here by illegal immigrants. Essentially your get out of jail free card...bring a kid and you can stay. From what I have read, Trump has decided to let the DACA program end...essentially citing that congress should take action if they see fit, and I agree 100%. This type of thing should not be done via executive order, this is the exact type of thing that our congress should debate on.
    I know, crazy right? Congress doing their jobs and debating instead of political grandstanding? A pipedream for this current congress I know, but a guy can hope right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. So Trump has done away with a child protection bill?

This will be sure to stop them.

3. (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan on Friday gave a major boost to legislative efforts to preserve protections for young undocumented immigrants -- and urged President Donald Trump to not tear up the program.
    Trump told reporters Friday he was still mulling the decision.

Ryan asks Trump to hold off on scrapping DACA - CNNPolitics

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. the executive order expires on tuesday, and I agree with him that congress should be taking actions like this, it should not be done via executive order, it should be debated like any other law.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. They gotta go back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can't kick out a kid who's 18 years old who has been here since he was 2.
    Thats absolutely crazy.

However, this does need to go through congress and either passed or not.

This is what happens when we legislate via executive order.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Barry O? Enlighten us a bit on your true feelings about the former president.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. That's not true. The reason Tuesday was chosen was because it's the deadline given by 9 (originally 10) state attorney generals in a lawsuit against Trump in order to rescind DACA. The AG in Tenn. backed off and withdrew from the lawsuit for political reasons when he received opposition from the people in Tenn. Power to the people.

9. are you talking about me? I have made my feelings known pretty well on here, that has nothing to do with what we are discussing though does it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. yeah;;; ol' barry did do a lot of exucitive orders.... and none of them were good for the country....i think that muslim ex-president of ours trullly had no good intentions ... in any moves he made while in office,

i say all the dreamer's need to be thru out of the country.... im sure it was thier '' DREAM '' to stay.......lol......but all good things eventually come to a end,,,,,

i suggest they fill out the immigration paper work,,,,, and get in the back of the line,,, it's just another step of what our great president stated he was going to do while he was a candidate,,, so i hope it dont catch anyone by surprise,,,,we actually have a man in office that is going to do what he said he was going to do.

.............................................................................

next i would like to see him round up all them muslim immigrants that obama allowed to come here.. with no vetting,, AND THROW THIER ASSES OUT ALSO,,

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Perhaps I misinterpret what is being discussed; I see a heinous disregard for the rights of my fellow human beings by others wearing a mantle of superiority not a balanced argument over the legal intricacies of immigration or sanctuary. As an American born citizen, I personally welcome every single man, woman, and child to become a part of the society I enjoy. If my perceptions are wrong, I apologize for trolling.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. No surprise here. MAGA. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

• Like Like x 1
  13. You really welcome everybody? You have no standards at all for people immigrating to your country?

Nobody has any intrinsic right to move to a country they aren't a citizen of. I'm fucking Canadian and I can't just move to the US whenever I feel like it, which is how it should be. "Let 'em all in because we're all human" just seems like a really poorly thought out view.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. The lucky circumstance of my being born here does not grant me any rights I would deny another; the history of my country has been one of bloodshed and greed but the ideal is one of hope and freedom. I suppose I do favor the ideal over the reality.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. i certainlly dont welcome just everybody.....i guess some didnt get the memo. that JIHAD has been declared on the infidel.....

and guess what the U.S. is filled with INFiDEL'S,

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. upload_2017-9-3_15-28-5.png

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. would you invite them to live in your house? a "family" of people from a foreign country who don't speak the language and could literally be released from prison, rapists, murderers? My guess is no. My guess is you wouldn't even want them in your neighborhood. much like all the hollywood elites, preaching from their mountain tops and gated communities about open borders.
    Why does it always have to be an emotional argument about this? Its pretty cut and dry. A country is a country because of borders. You want anyone to be able to come in to this country and do anything they want unchecked? Makes no sense. Look at europe. Seriously. That is a perfect example of what happens with years and years of unchecked immigration. Look at our prison system, shit. Because of the deluge of nasty fuckers from central america entering freely into our country and committing crimes we now house them for free, pay for their meals, their medical care and teach them how to be better criminals. Hows that for open borders?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. You hoard the precious jewel of freedom as though you own it. Extrapolate your territoriality in reverse and at some point your ancestors would be the unwelcome which would negate your argument.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1