DaBuddha w/bong or bubbler?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by H4Boxer, Aug 3, 2012.

1. To the people who use there da buddha with a bong, how is it?
    Is it even worth using a bong with it?

2. It's gimmicky. There's really no point in my opinion. Vape doesn't need filtration and it's already smooth. I never cough when I vape.

So hookimg it up to my bong isn't worth the trouble in the first place. All it does is accumulate more vape faster so you can get bigger hits that you can't even feel - but what's the point? You're just going to go through your bowl faster.

So while one bowl might go 20 hits, as soon as you add that pipe it's going down because your sucking it all down at once.

3. [quote name='"Rasta Haze"']It's gimmicky. There's really no point in my opinion. Vape doesn't need filtration and it's already smooth. I never cough when I vape.

So hookimg it up to my bong isn't worth the trouble in the first place. All it does is accumulate more vape faster so you can get bigger hits that you can't even feel - but what's the point? You're just going to go through your bowl faster.

So while one bowl might go 20 hits, as soon as you add that pipe it's going down because your sucking it all down at once.[/quote]

Thanks for the response man. I wasn't sure if it would make for a new vapeing experience. I thought maybe bigger hits and ice cooling the vapor more before inhalation. I was on the fence on whether to buy a bong purely for vapeing purposes, but ill wait on getting the new bong.

4. I really enjoy it, I have a 12 inch 5150 strait tube that I bought strickly for vaping. I'm a bong guy though. If for nothing else the water catches a lot of particles that you would be inhaling otherwise.

5. I don't have a bong for my buddha, but I've been thinking about getting one basically for the reasons you just mentioned! :p

My thinking is, at the end of the day after work sometimes I just want to take one nice, fat rip and lay down for bed. With the whip, I have to take (as you said) about 20 hits to finish off a bowl, which is more time consuming. Really, it's not a big deal at all... but I figured having a bong would be nice to mix it up and get some quick/big vapor hits.

6. Why buy a separate one? I just use my Medicali I smoke with using the 14mm downstem. All you need to do is put the whip down the downstem and it stays where it's at. If anything you could seal it all up with tephlon tape if you found any leaks or you had an 18mm downstem. It kills me people pay for attachments and jazz.

EDIT: and in my SSV I never get anything in my mouth either. If you do you may need to reposition your screen or put a new one in.

7. I don't have a bong, that's what I mean. I've just been thinking about getting one mostly to use with the vaporizer.

8. Oh I was referring to snake eyes^^ he said he bought one just for vape.

I even have a hand held bubbler attachment for the SSV/DBV. It's cobalt blue an the whip just plugs right into it. Now where did I put that thing? I think it's at my girlfriends parents house in the closet.

9. I almost always vapor bong, I love it. It does further cool the vapor, which can be rather dry on the throat sometimes, with ice and water in the bong. It allows you to get HUGE vapor hits that get you high as fuck very quickly. With the vaporizer it will take a while to get high, and for me is pleasant but not intense, whereas vaporbonging is a bit more of an instant, fucked up feeling like you would get from smoking from a bong (with the cleaner effects of vapor).

And I can get around 3 good hits of the amount I would burn in 1 bong hit. I would recommend vapor bonging. Just remember to hold that vapor in, and do rebreathing techniques to be very efficient.

10. I hooked up my Delta beaker to it and I never looked back. Friends even prefer the bong vapor. Take massive rips and ya don't even know.

11. #11 H4Boxer, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
    ^ maybe I spoke too soon. Can't smoke at my place but I can vape all day.

12. I love to vaporbong, and there definitely is a point. Its the same point when you smoke with a bong - to get a bigger hit in a shorter timeframe. Vapor is often dry, and while it doesn't need a lot of filtration, water will cool and moisturize it, allowing you to take a larger, and more visible hit.

13. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']I love to vaporbong, and there definitely is a point. Its the same point when you smoke with a bong - to get a bigger hit in a shorter timeframe. Vapor is often dry, and while it doesn't need a lot of filtration, water will cool and moisturize it, allowing you to take a larger, and more visible hit.[/quote]

^^^^this. As soon as we got the vaporizer *me and two friends* we were amazed at how relieved our lungs were after a smoke break.

Then after vaporbonging* trying to just use the whip does come off a bit harsh

14. #14 WFOxSnakeEyes, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012

I never bought an attachment, like you said the whip fits perfectly in the hole. I never noticed any pieces getting in my mouth either but you would be surprised what the water catches.

I have a 18" 5150 that I smoke out of and while I clean my piece regularly I didn't want to be switching back and forth since I often use both during my sessions. A lot of people have multiple glass pieces and I wanted one that was dedicated for ONLY vapor. ;)

15. Exactly. If you want to do it on the cheap, Google Soul Shine Family Glass, or SSFG.

They sell a travel tube bong for about $55. You can have them upgrade the downstem to a showerhead as well for $30 more or so.

I connect my Solo to my 12" left coast straight tube. I don't use any attachments, the stem fits into the 14mm downstem perfectly. I use warm water to add some moisture, and it works great.

Once you vapor bong, you'll regret smoking all those years. Super big hits, just be careful, sometimes they're SUPER big and you don't realize it until you clear the tube, but still no where near as harsh as smoking.

16. [quote name='"MR_"']
    I use warm water to add some moisture, and it works great.
    [/quote]

Genius!!! Will report back with findings!