Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs ruined my life

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Caf19, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    I've posted a couple times about dabs and what not but this time it's gotten quite serious. I had been smoking dabs everyday atleast once a day for about a month and a half or so, prior I had been doing them when offered. I had a really bad panic attack in school while high off dabs and it really scared the shit out of me. Ever since then my highs were becoming more and more scary and I would panic constantly when high, I've actualy come to the point from LOVING to get high to being frankly scared to. I have been having anxiety attacks or whatever you may call them in school and only school really. My mind is consumed with the thought of these problems now. I have quit dabs and smoking all together , but I'm still getting these attacks along with not feeling myself anymore. Sure it wasn't medical grade bho, but I'm almost convinced that the dabs did it to me , I was totally fine up until I started dabs. Let me know what you think , I appreciate the heplp.

2. I don't know anything about "dabs" so this is the advice of someone who isn't familiar with it.  maybe because BHO and the like are so high in THC, this had a negative effect on you.  getting too high will certainly make you feel paranoid and anxious.  maybe you should just stick to regular weed.

3. #3 Rollie Fingers, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    Sounds like its more mental than physical, so I dunno if to blame it on the BHO or not. Id figure youd feel it more in your chest n lungs if it was some BS BHO. You might jus have overall bad anxiety leading to panic attacks cuz I have never heard anybody having BHO mainly cause that. There is more THC in dabs so your gonna get paranoid on occasion jus like any high, but that shits jus alot stronger in THC....were talkin like 15%thc in good bud and 80%thc in dabs.

4. deff. a mental thing. you need to know how to handle your smoke in different situations before you run up in school blazed as fuck.

5. But this anxiety has only started since I got Into smoking dabs on the reg

6. And by mental you mean ..?

7. Take a break from weed man

8. #8 Rollie Fingers, Oct 23, 2013
    Do you know how your BHO was made everytime? Too many fucks out there tryin to make money and not care about peoples health.

9. #9 stickyglassOG, Oct 23, 2013
    it's in your head. I don't wanna put words in your mouth or anything but it sounds like you had a bad experience off dabs while in school, and that kinda messed you up.. so ever since then, when you dab you're thinking back to that situation... I would try to take some small dabs in a closed, safe, comfortable environment and try to rebuild your confidence in dabs. just my $0.02.

10. I am, it's been a whopping 5 days , and I don't want to get high, I'm just confused because idk of quitting weed will solve this constant anxiety I now have

11. #11 Rollie Fingers, Oct 23, 2013
    Your prolly havin withdraw symptoms if you been dabbin everyday for a month or however long you said....that could be another reason why you dont feel right and have anxiety

12. Word, I wasn't positive on the stuff but my best friend has been smoking them twice as much as me.. Same shit, and he's the happiest kid ik , only time will tell

13. Oil isn't meant to be done on the daily.. If your gonna dab, then you can dab like once a month or so. Stick to the beautiful flower.

14. @[member="Caf19"] you need too just stop over thinking it fool..if weed or dabs can ruine you're life it wasnt good off anyways..dont be a puss

15. When I did dabs on the daily I just stopped getting high  :confused_2:

16. I think you're young and inexperienced. That's what I think.

17. Once something triggers anxiety and a panic attack in you for the first time I find it's really difficult to get rid of that. Anxiety is like a knot in your thought process and the more you think about it and the more it happens the more it's likely to happen again. I find quickly escalating or stopping weed consumption by a huge amount (whether it's in joints or dabs) is more likely to make you anxious than consistent use cause your body gets accustomed to the feeling of being more/less high all the time. Just chill out until you want to smoke weed(the time will come lol) and if you feel a panic attack coming on take a benzo or something 

18. yeah fuckin kids in high school shouldnt smoke or atleast handle you're shit

19. ur trippin maybe ur mind wants somthing it dosnt have idk

20. #20 rain dancer, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    I'd say the lack of self control, like abusing any substance was the real culprit.

An anxiety disorder and other mental illness starts to present in teens/early adolescents.

I do hear a lot of old school stoners have the same complaint about the strength of the new strains and potency. Funny this generation has done what ten thousand years of people couldn't.....

• Like Like x 1