Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs for months then back to buds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by vanilla bean latte, Jan 8, 2015.

1. So my buddy came back home from AZ. In the 8 months he's been there, he claims he has strictly dabbed. In my area dab hookups are few and far between.
    We both smoked a few bowls of critical and he said he was wayyyy ripped. Way more then he thought he would be at least.
    Does smoking concentrates lower your tolerance for non-processed weed or something?

2. How long has it been since he has been back? Basically how long has it been since he has dabbed or smoked anything prior to smoking with you.

3. Ive noticed the same thing. People say dabs wayyy up your tolerance.

But after a bit of doing it then back to flowers, its like i had a seperate tolerance for flower and i got mad ripped when i went back to flower.

4. maybe its becaus dabs are for thc and the buds are for thc and all those other things in the buds

5. This was his first night in town and he smokes daily. So I assume he dabbed shortly before he got on the plane
    So do you lose out on cbds in dab form or something?

6. There are earls with high CBD also, but the high you get from flowers is just different from dabs. I like to work both into every session if I can.

7. All the extra combusted plant material when smoking weed makes for a diffrent high that vaping erl

8. #8 SkunkWoodz, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015

I've heard this referred to as the 'entourage effect'  where all the cannibinoids come together to form an all mighty super high.  Sort of like power rangers or haling captain planet.

And I have for sure noticed this only have been dabbing just over a month or so.

9. For me, dabs are great for pure flavor and gives you a more sedated high.

I like to dab from time to time, but always seem to revert back to flowers.

10. Wax and weed have different highs for me. I feel like the weed has more like "life" in it. With wax I get really high but I don't have that "holy fuck I'm really high" feeling with it. Weed is the only thing that actually makes me feel really high

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #11 Digital Veil, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2015
    Dabbed a year straight only dabs, hit a bowl and was amazed at the high difference...not to mention I was baked as fuck.

Combustion>dabs for a complete high imo.  I no longer dab.

12. Umm idk dabs rarely give me a body high but my head high is fucking intense.
    buds make my body high super good and I can feel everything like it's in slow motion and super High def. I can feel gravity pull me to the ground.
    your friend might be the same, I mean I prefer dabs cause they're much cleaner and efficient but the high from buds feels way better.

13. Actually, i'm surprised. Dabs can get into the 80 and 90% THC range where flowers may average around 20%.

14. I agree. The logical answer would be the higher the concentration of thc the higher your tolerance can reach. But then going from 90% thc to 20% fucks you up. And it's only in a different form of cannabis. I'm curious to know what the science is behind all this. Like WHY?!? Haha
    Maybe the chemical reaction it takes to make dabs alters the thc compound or something.

15. I agree with all of the above. One day without smoking anything is enough to reset my tolerance to get totally blazed on flowers.