Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs and wax and such

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Patricia Clemons, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Hello all! I am new into the world of extraction from flower.

After having some fun with dry ice hash, (looks like a jar of Kief hah). Learning better ways to QWISO(need to be better at scraping).

I have a large jar of overdried buds, so I figure let’s do something!

Without a true press or spending the money on bho setup. What exactly is a way to get better yields than qwiso?

There are some nice press rigs online.. couple hundred dollars. I also found one for 50, looks like a hair straightener with a digital temp reader on it.

I am curious as to what you guys do when you make wax, shatter, dabs, honey, crumble, all concentrates alike!

Thanks and I look forward to your responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)
    I've got a 12 ton axel press like the red one I keep meaning to bring to the grow for squeezing the last of the tincture from cannabis. I need more Umph then the potato ricer can bring.
    TTS and I talked about just heating the two inch thick steel plates in the toaster oven for pressing rosin.
    He did the hair straightener and C clamp routine with zip to show for it.

BNW

3. Oh that's good info. Amazon reviews are full of noobs noobier than I.

Hair straightener not worth it. Check.

Sent from my Alcatel_5008R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've used a 1ton arbor press for that, they weigh far far less than that shop press and is easier to store. It doesn't have the nuts or the press plates for rosin though. About $60 at Harbor Freight.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'll really shop around for the cheapest press that works. Trying to get some wax here without qwiso.

You guys pointed me in some great directions.

Tried the hair straightener and ended up with a dribble, not even worth scraping.

Not too mention the amount of effort expelled for that was more than making dry ice hash without the mighty hashmaster 5000
    Sent from my Alcatel_5008R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I used my cloths iron. I stand on it. I start at a low temp and press a bud, then a few more sitting each aside. I then go to my next temp and repress each bud again sitting each aside again. I then go up a lil more with temp and press them each again. It takes a lil working to get the right starting temp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1