Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabbing resin

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by hightimes420guy, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Would any of you try it? It seems like it would conserve while getting you ripped. Gonna try and will post results.

2. Personally I would not try it. The resin inside of the pipe has much lower levels of THC and is riddled with tar and ash from the smoke and the ash falling through. Res=THC<Ash&Tar. Just my personal opinion.

If you try it, definitely post it. Just be ause I wouldn't do it myself doesn't mean I'm not curious haha

3. Depends on what you're talking about? You could probably dab whip vape resin or something, or reclaim from oil.

Pipe sludge? Uhh, why would you be able to dab that? It's just going to glop on your nail or swing or whatever you're using. Dabbing needs to be very high THC stuff.

4. you can extract the thc from the resin. there is a thread on here somewhere on how to turn your resin into smokable oil. Basically iso hash but made with resin instead of herb.

5. That's not going to dab well... at all... And you can't extract THC from tar, you can filter it a bit for large contaminates..

6. oh, you've tried it?

7. If ur talking about reclaim it tests exactly the same as the oil. But it tastes like asshole. Your choice

8. Well everyone I did try it, as I don't own a actual oil rig I just used a torch, knife and a metal plate thing. I have to say it did taste a little shitty. But I got very stoned off it. All in all it was a pretty good sesh. Oh also it was from a pipe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have you ever even dabbed? An honest question. And yes buddy, I've dabbed full melt bubble hash as well as resin from a vape whip and neither were very good for dabbing, so it's a joke that you're even questioning that. Or is it that you think you can extract THC from tar? Because that doesn't even make sense and you have nothing to back that up, so I'm not even going to go there.

10. [quote name='"kingdomofmauri"']

Have you ever even dabbed? An honest question. And yes buddy, I've dabbed full melt bubble hash as well as resin from a vape whip and neither were very good for dabbing, so it's a joke that you're even questioning that. Or is it that you think you can extract THC from tar? Because that doesn't even make sense and you have nothing to back that up, so I'm not even going to go there.[/quote]

If I find the link I will edit it in, but I believe he's talking about extracting the resin. There was a thread on it where basically you clean your pipe with ISO and salt, then let the ISO evaporate and Rinse the plate off and you are left with basically resin goo/resin hash. Scrape it up with a razor blade and it's like BHO. It still tastes like ass but apparently gets you ripped.

11. #11 kingdomofmauri, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    Yea, but that's not extracting THC from tar, that's just running a solvent through the tar, the solvent isn't just picking up THC, it's essentially filtering it like I said in the post, that stuff won't dab well at all. I mean you could knife it like you were doing, but that's not dabbing, but you have to remember with that tar stuff that vaporizing might be more efficient for the stuff you want but it's also more efficient with the stuff you don't want, I would avoid knifing that stuff and stick to vape reclaim or oil reclaim or quality concentrates.

Kind of off on a tangent though, sounds like you have found a method you like with the knifing, should work pretty well.

Also I should add this; be careful what metal you are using with that torch, there's a reason we use titanium for dabbing. A torch gets it very hot, way hotter than just a lighter. That stuff will be nothing like BHO either.

12. Nah
    I made some Hash Oil once from a bunch of trimmings and stuffed the oil in a tweak pipe and smoked it like that cuz I don't have a dome/skillet/etc
    Got me fuuuuuuuckkked up

13. when i smoke my bong  i smoke bubble hash on top of my bong packs  which makes it resin from hash and bud i only use the liquid type resin plus  it makes it into a high grade resin and only dab the resin out of the base of your slide that is the most potent sticky able to dab very easily you only have to heat it a little bit longer and you can get high off one hit of resin....!!!! dabb on... make sure its the sticky thick resin not the hard dry stuff

14. Doesn't work, its not the same......

15. Skunkpharmresearch.com that's all I gotta say

16. wouldnt try it personally, rather go dry than smoke/dab resin.

17. another weed gypsy!

I dont understand how people think its normal to do these things......Like someone in another thread saying will my bong water get me high when drunk?!?!?!

OMFG....OP would you eat food, then have a shit and then proceed to eat that shit??? Bet ya wouldnt eat 'The Leftovers' but you would smoke 'The Leftovers' from a bong....nasty.

Chef.

18. Hahahahah you deffinately do not dab lmfao. Full melt shits on shatter, eveything. 70 micron dry sift hash is worth like 60 a gram in colorado

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. hello. I have tried it just 15 mins ago I have taken 2 fat hits of resin and I am considerably high. I feel no negative effect to this method, if you've smoked resin out of a pipe before it tastes just like that. I am comfortably high and I feel like I have just taken a few dab hits of some reasonably good wax. I will post tm to let people know of any after effects.

20. let us define dab, first: Torch + Rig + refined concentrated THC as wax

for wax to melt like butter, we need high temperatures. Check here for Nail <_
    for the vaporized smoke to enter your lungs, we need lungs <__
    for getting plant shit all over your nails, lol