Dab Timers, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Saintskinny51792, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sup Kids! I was doing some random google-fu and came across the Dab.ninja app, which is basically a purpose-made timer app. One might even call it a Torch-Timer. Anyway, its only function is as a timer, no other tool, no bells or whistles, (haven't seen any ads either now that I think of it,) just a circle with a number, a start/stop button and refefresh button. It sounds simple (it is) but I find myself using it every day the last week, I like the consistency I guess.

So I wanted to ask if anyone else has used dab timers? and if you have, what's your take on 'em?

2. Waste of time.

I have a system with my rigs, since every glass and torch is different.

My small oil rig (jbd robot) has a smaller banger, so with my creme Brule torch, I hit it for 13 seconds or so, 8 seconds with benzomatic torch.
    My larger rigs with Queens banger needs a few more seconds.

Not that hard to count to 10.

• Like Like x 1
  3. When using a torch I just get my banger a little red and then set a stopwatch for 30-40 seconds or just countdown in my mind.

The dab timer is just a glorified stopwatch/timer function that can be found on most cell phones.

4. Lol. Was that an old school mafia knee capping threat? Haven't heard one of those in years

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. How thick are your bangers? 12 secs on my 3mm thick wouldn't even warm it.

6. I torch my evan shore for 45 and let it cool for 45-50 depending on the dab size.

And forget dab timers, it's called an analog clock. That's how we used to tell time.

7. Enail for the win

High temp or low temp... what ever temp you want.

Will be the best investment you ever make...

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

8. I used to count in my head, I still find myself doing it here and there, even with the timer. But I've always had a weird thing with counting anyway. the reason I found it is I was looking for a regular timer app bc my iphone timer doesn't do seconds. So siri can recognize my fingerprint and voice, and basically do everything but bake a cake but she cant count to friggin' 40? that robo-woman has some issues

thats one way to do it, If theres an analog clock in the rooms you dab in. What I couldn't believe is that people are selling little hourglass "carb caps" for $150-$200! and I thought they were crazy for selling a $25 terp timer at my head shop, sheesh.

I would effin' LOVE an E nail, but they're an investment way out of my price range. I've looked into building them but I cant even afford that ATM. I have a couple Temp controlled box mods, Ive been trying to figure out how to make an E-rig like the Dabado Bolt. Ive got a couple old RDA's for the base, I just need a design that I can achieve using only what I have around the house

9. You think 2 hundred is up there? Look at badback glass on instagram, a timer recently auctioned for $1150...
    And never forget the $2500 q-tip jar, or the $101,000 sagan x mothership egg...
    Those rich heady-kids are some crazy fuckers.... If i had that money i couldn't imagine spending it that way... but i don't have that kind of money... I shouldn't be talking... everyone has they're "fix" to spend money on. For some it's their car, some video games, some glass. I'm just happy they post it all online, so everyone can appreciate it. Art is meant to be seen and shared, not stashed in some little pricks bedroom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. It's a little different from an app, but I've seen really cool quartz carb caps online that are actually little hourglass style timers of differing times. I thought those were pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. My phone (yours probably does too) has a timer already installed on it, just find the clock app