Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Da Butterz

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dormsauce, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Alright guys and girls i bought 2oz of some alien og and some cherry pie butter from a friend. I had planned on making cookies but he said i couldn't do that with it, and said i could put it on toast, pancakes, and waffles... now this was in a text so im thinking he meant could but would there be any reason as to why i couldnt make cookies or brownies?

Thanks for the help!

2. There is no reason you can't make brownies/cookies with the butter. I have baked more foods with butter than I can count (cookies, brownies, banana nut bread, muffins, rice krispy treats, cakes, pies, etc.)

Now that being said I do have one personal rule: I don't bake my food above 325 degrees. The reason I do this is because THC vaporizes at about 360 degrees and most ovens have at least a +/- 25 that they swing between when heating up and cooling down. .

I have been told that THC will not vaporize at 360 when it is mixed into something like cookies (and that seems extremely logical to me). However, I have found no reason to test this theory and always play it safe. I have never had a single complaint about the potency of my baked goods :smoking:

When baking something that takes an extremely long time at an extremely high temperature such as a pie (which often need to bake 1+ hour at 400 degrees) it can be much harder to bake at such a low temperature. In the case of these foods I will usually bake them at 400 for the majority of the time. Cut the oven down to 325 (give it ample time to cool down) then do the last 10 minutes or so of baking at the temperature with a bunch of butter on top just melting slowly in.

3. Hey thanks for the help! So i used about half of what i had and now have an Oz and 4 grams of butter left, so im wondering how many strong cookies could i make with that?

4. Use all of that, that's not very much butter.

5. Ok will do! Thanks! How many cookies can i expect from this much? Sorry ive never had or cooked with butter before lol.

6. Make 5 or 6, you'll do good.