Da Buddha!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Surfer36, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Okay so I know this has all been said before but I just really cannot decide on if I should buy Da Buddha yet or not.

I currently have an MFLB and I love the thing, only it hasn't been really doin the trick for me lately, it's good, and I know I'm doing it right, but Ive had it a year and kinda want to upgrade.

I'm in college too, so the smell is sorta an issue, but not too much, I know what needs to be done to cover up slight smells :smoke:

I guess I just can't justify spending 140$, somebody give me some pros and cons compared to my MFLB.

Also, anybody who has any experience with the oil diffuser top thing, is it worth it? Or is it equally as effective as a candle...

Thanks!

2. Well I haven't used the MFLB personally but I've own a Da Buddha for a few months now and its the best decision I've ever made. It Doesn't smell to bad as long as you don't burn it by turning the temp up too much, but i still wouldn't use it in a dorm room if thats where your staying because if they catch they'll probably kick you out but thats your choice. Another bonus is when you buy it, it comes with a hemp carrying bag, stickers, a warranty, and the whip and everything as well. I would say its a very good investment and best vape you can buy for under $600. Thats my opinion though.

3. I don't have a dorm, but I am on campus, I'm not particularly worried, we've got a pretty perfect location/RA's.

I just can't decide if it's worth 140$ when I've got the mflb currently

4. It's welllll worth it, handhelds are to weak imo

5. If you do buy it and want the warranty, you will have to buy it directly from them. i bought mine from amazon and they wouldn't cover the warranty apparently..

6. Ah yeah I did know that, but I hear they're pretty reliable and repairs if needed aren't too expensive

7. DBV sucks dont buy it.
    the heating element is good and thats the only thing.
    the heating element cover/wand are shit.
    the wand/bowl is only the width of a penny the screen clogs quickly.
    the company knows this so they made wider gap screens which allow a ton of
    debris to pass thru into the wand/tube which absorb a ton of vapor! so if you like to clean your screen/wand/tube twice a week get DBV. the $30 vapes on flebay have wider bowls and finer screens which only have to be cleaned once a month or so.
    dbv not worth 150 more like $50. next time it will be the portable volcano unit.

8. There is truth in your criticism. I do think the DBV is a good whip vaporizer and I like it for what it does. It is higher maintenance to keep clean and the thin glass pieces must be handled carefully. I've had mine for about a year and it's never had a single problem....but it's more of a hassle to set up, use and keep clean than some other options.

Vaporizing is still relatively new and the technology is evolving quickly. All the current vaporizers will be out shadowed by something better in time. But if you want to vape, now, then a DBV is considered a good home-use vaporizer -as far as current technology is concerned.

I agree that most vaporizers are pretty simple machines and they are too expensive....but that will probably evolve, too.

9. That's the first negative review I've read about Da Buddah. Can anyone else confirm these accusations?

10. thats right and to add, just trying to save the next person $150 and ton of headache and time. i actually started hating vaping bcaus need to clean every 3-5bowls! a newcommer might think this is reality of vaping and give it up when vaping is the best way and there are better ways to vape:D. id rather have a $30 vape w/ decent heating element that i dont have to clean every week imo. dunno why they would make the bowl so small and make wider gaped screens when $30 vape has wider bowl and finer screens :confused_2:. tried emailing dbv about making bigger bowls with finer screens for sale but got no reply, maybe i offended them? if you buy a vape buy something that has wide bowl and regular gap sreens. ive been vaping for over 2years @ about 2ounces a month and tried several $30vapes, dbv and some other battery units under 200 which were junk! try the extreme or watever its called. i also saw a black box at the headshop for $200 looked promising. just ask yourself why a $400 volacano portable unit has such a wide bowl if a small bowl wouldve been better? i have no association with any of these companies or anyone selling vapes.
    goodluck mates and happy vaping.

11. #11 Bubbles42O, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    [quote name='"Hashish12"']

thats right and to add, just trying to save the next person $150 and ton of headache and time. i actually started hating vaping bcaus need to clean every 3-5bowls! a newcommer might think this is reality of vaping and give it up when vaping is the best way and there are better ways to vape:D. id rather have a $30 vape w/ decent heating element that i dont have to clean every week imo. dunno why they would make the bowl so small and make wider gaped screens when $30 vape has wider bowl and finer screens :confused_2:. tried emailing dbv about making bigger bowls with finer screens for sale but got no reply, maybe i offended them? if you buy a vape buy something that has wide bowl and regular gap sreens. ive been vaping for over 2years @ about 2ounces a month and tried several $30vapes, dbv and some other battery units under 200 which were junk! try the extreme or watever its called. i also saw a black box at the headshop for $200 looked promising. just ask yourself why a $400 volacano portable unit has such a wide bowl if a small bowl wouldve been better? i have no association with any of these companies or anyone selling vapes.
    goodluck mates and happy vaping.[/quote]

You must not know how to vape right because I haven't cleaned my wand in months and i still get massive clouds of vapor.

Edit: wait for some real vapor heads to come in and comment your volcano opinion lol.

12. its been months and you havent cleaned your wand and im the one who "must not know how to vape right"? :D
    ive been vaping for over two years at 2ounces a month, i think ive got the handle of putting something in a bowl and inhaling, its not rocket science BRO.
    but eitherway i dont usually ask/answer any ? on these forums for a reason. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN USE A VAPE FOR MONTHS WITHOUT CLEANING THE WAND, PLS GO HEAD AND LISTED TO THIS MORON AND BUY DBV:D
    did you read the above post where tstick confirmed "It is higher maintenance to keep clean and the thin glass pieces must be handled carefully". remember this is not about you or me so dont take it personal BUBBLEs;)

13. [quote name='"Hashish12"']

its been months and you havent cleaned your wand and im the one who "must not know how to vape right"? :D
    ive been vaping for over two years at 2ounces a month, i think ive got the handle of putting something in a bowl and inhaling, its not rocket science BRO.
    but eitherway i dont usually ask/answer any ? on these forums for a reason. IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN USE A VAPE FOR MONTHS WITHOUT CLEANING THE WAND, PLS GO HEAD AND LISTED TO THIS MORON AND BUY DBV:D
    did you read the above post where tstick confirmed "It is higher maintenance to keep clean and the thin glass pieces must be handled carefully". remember this is not about you or me so dont take it personal BUBBLEs;)[/quote]

You literally sound like a 12 year old. I wouldn't take this guys opinion too harshly.

14. Mflb is shit compared to da Buddha

15. [quote name='"Bubbles42O"']

You must not know how to vape right because I haven't cleaned my wand in months and i still get massive clouds of vapor.

Edit: wait for some real vapor heads to come in and comment your volcano opinion lol.[/quote]

And this guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

16. Don't be too harsh on the guy. He's giving his opinion. I own a Da Buddha, too...and I like to keep all my pieces clean. The diameter of the wand's hole does get constricted with wand honey and super-fine-ground weed and it does need to be kept clean for maximum performance.

Sometimes it's good to have some critical remarks to consider on products like this. After all, none of them are perfect. There are some legitimate points to what he says.

17. #17 Bubbles42O, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    [quote name='"dangerdan92"']

You literally sound like a 12 year old. I wouldn't take this guys opinion too harshly.[/quote]

He actually gave me a good chuckle.

[quote name='"StudStudly"']

And this guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.[/quote]

How so?

[quote name='"tstick"']Don't be too harsh on the guy. He's giving his opinion. I own a Da Buddha, too...and I like to keep all my pieces clean. The diameter of the wand's hole does get constricted with wand honey and super-fine-ground weed and it does need to be kept clean for maximum performance.

Sometimes it's good to have some critical remarks to consider on products like this. After all, none of them are perfect. There are some legitimate points to what he says.[/quote]

Yeah the screen has to be cleaned not the wand. He's acting like its the end of the world to get new screens or clean them.

18. Just seemed like he was trying to make the DbV sound really bad. Of course if you smoke 2oz/month its gonna get dirty. Most people don't do anywhere near that much.

19. Isn't Da Buddah made by the same company as Silver Surfer? Because I read somewhere that the Silver Surfer uses a ceramic heating element (not bad for you) and Da Buddah uses a cheap, toxic one. It makes sense because both vapes look pretty identicle in terms of design, so why charge all that extra money for the same vape pretty much? I would spend the extra $100 or whatever and get a Silver Surfer. Maybe they both use ceramic heating elements and I'm just confusesd...

Does anybody have any information regarding the heating element?

20. Yes, the screen is problematic because it collects wand honey and very fine particles of ground weed which are smaller than the mesh that escape into the wand's aperture. So, both the screen and the aperture can become sclerotic pretty quickly.

Maybe OP is a bit "enthusiastic" ...but we all want to tell it like we feel it, don't we? ;)

All the personality aside, I welcome some critical remarks about products. Even if they sometimes go overboard, it's possible to read between the lines and get the gist of the criticism. Since I own a Da Buddha, I know what he's talking about and can appreciate what he's saying, to a point. There is some marked diminished performance when the wand is constricted. The glass pieces are rather thin and the wand honey is slightly more difficult to clean (even with iso) -I think because there are some waxes present in the wand honey....anyway...

...One does have to learn how to carefully clean these parts -because if they break, then the whole machine is incapacitated! :)

The heating element is the same as the SSV, btw.