Da buddha vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Uncle fudge, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Okay im about to buy Da Buddha Vaporizer and I have a few questions.
    How bad is the smell? My parents have the room next to me. Would they be able to smell it? I have been smoking for 3 years and they have not found out yet and I would like to keep it that way as they are higly anti weed haha.
    I have a can of ozium btw. Would that help getting rid of the smell?
    Also is it easy to hide?

How is the high from a vaporizer? I heard it is different from a pipe or bong high.

And how much weed would i have to use for a sesh to get stoned? I usually only need one bowl from my pipe.
    Thanks.

2. Just crack a window. The smell is there but really is nothing compared to combustion. The window should vent enough , if you havent been caught yet then using a vape will only compound your stealth skills.

A vape high is much different than the normal high from combustion. It's more calm and will creep up on you after a while. Take very long , slow draws from your vape

With my bro's DBV , I can get high off of 0.2-0.5 grams minimum so it definitely will save your weed.

3. #3 lwien, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
    The DBV provides a very dense, very powerful low air to vapor ratio hit and as such, is NOT the best vaporizer to use if smell is a concern.

It's also a bit clumsy to hide being that you got a vape, a power cord, a wand and a whip. 

4. You could try using a Smoke Buddy or some dryer sheets in a paper towel roll to hide the smell too.

5. Use to have a da budda I loved it. Smell is going to be an issue though. Bed bath and beyond sells a plug in carbon filter that works pretty well it could work

6. If smell is a concern what vaporizers do you suggest in the 150 price range?

Either a vaporizer that has a higher air to vapor ratio or a vaporizer that encourages smaller hits.   The stronger and denser the hit, the more it's going to smell.

In your price range, I'd check out the MFLB or the HerbalAire in bag mode.  (gonna have to do some shopping to get that HA down below 150 bucks.)

Honestly, just keep the unit and the parts clean, and there's shouldn't be a problem regarding smell.  Blow out the window if you can.

The only time I have an issue with smell is right after opening my mason jar lol. 

9. Any better vaporizers around 250?

10. Honestly if you put a fan in your window to suck the vapor out you shouldn't have any issue. I vape indoors with my DBV all the time and my house never smells like weed.

His parents has the room right next to his.   Are you seriously saying that there should be no concern that his parents won't smell the weed when using a heavy hitting vape like Da Buddha?

If he blows it out the window, then yes that's exactly what I'm saying. He said he's been smoking and they haven't caught him and smoking smells 10x worse 

Can't argue with that.

14. Yeah dude you're fine, I use vapes a lot in my room and I blow it straight into the room with a window cracked. It never smells bad and the smell goes away within an hour or so. If I'm trying to be stealthy I'll blow out the window and the room will only smell because of the wand. :laughing:

Or you could get the Solo, I love that thing. It's so much less of a pain in the ass than the DBV. I will pick it up 9 times out of 10 to the DBV. :smoking:

15. #15 Uncle fudge, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
    How is it better?

16. #16 Yosh139, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2013

Well for starters you don't have to worry about a thick wire coming out of its ass all of the time, you don't have to worry about a huge tube, and you don't have to worry about weed falling into a really hot chamber. The hit density is about the same, and the taste is better too since it's straight out of a glass stem and not through a 3ft tube. You can take it in the woods whereas with the DBV you're stuck to an outlet. The only gripes I have about the Solo is the charger port placement and the lack of being able to use while charging out of the box. I don't really have any gripes about the draw restriction but that could bother some people. If you don't like things with a good amount of draw restriction you might want to consider a different portable but I really love my Solo.

17. Sorry Yosh but I disagree with you: I have very many different vape ('cause I own an online vape store) and I don't find the SOLO as effective as the DBV. I agree the taste is better with the SOLO and that the tubing/wand could stink up his room if he doesn't clean it regularly, but those thick and dense clouds you get out of a DBV, I can't get them from a SOLO.
    Also if he vapes at lower temperatures (dial @ 11 o'clock) there would be barely any smell.

I would suggest open window, incense, and holding your breath for 4-5 min  :p  :D

18. E X T R E M E   Q

19. I will have to disagree with yosh on the flavor of the solo as well. The DBV to me produces a much better tasting flavor because it is pure convection.

Its all personal preference but I perfer my DBV over the solo in any situation were I dont need a portable.

I've had a different experience, the hit density is about the same on my DBV and my Solo. I agree you don't get those lung filling hits from the DBV with minimal draw restriction, the Solo you can't do that because of the heavy draw restriction for the sake of saving the battery.

I disagree. The EQ is a jack of all trades but a master at none (cred of wording from Iwien ;) ), there are other vapes that have the same function like the Herbalaire, the Herbalizer, and the ViVape. It's a matter of preference. He has decided on a whip based vape, which is the best around for it. The Volcano is the best for bags. The EQ is okay at delivering both, but I've heard about elbow packing to make it better? :p

Again, I guess it's about the experiences with the vapes. I think you're saying the taste lasts longer with the DBV. I agree with that. The DBV can't give that first and second super flavor hit from straight glass and not through a whip. Then again I haven't changed the whip I got :laughing:

And I want to clarify, if I sound like I'm being argumentative or mean I'm only trying to convey my experiences with vapes. No harm in friendly beating around the bush!