Da Buddha Vaporizer or Extreme Q? Bag vs Whip?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BWilliams, May 17, 2011.

1. Hello all, it's my first post, it's my birthday, and I'd like some advice. :wave:

I have Da Buddha Vaporizer but I dropped it a few times and I believe it has lost a lot of it's effectiveness. The vapor doesn't seem the same as it once was. I'll assume that dropping it was the cause of the problems.

Some things I don't like about DBV is herbs that fall into the heater. It really destroys the vape experience when that happens and is awful. Sometimes my herb will burn in the vape too, like there isn't a proper setting for it to not burn but still give good vapors.

Also, I feel that it takes forever to finish getting medicated with the DBV. The hits get me ripped but I will get like 50 hits and just sit there for hours trying to finish a bowl, when really I'd rather it would just be finished and I can relax. I'm sitting there for an hour finishing a bowl.

All of this has me considering the Extreme Q. I think with the bag/balloon method on the Extreme Q, that I may be able to vape in much less time than using the whip.

Another thing I like is that it is a digital vape that I can get a perfect temperature, and should be able to avoid combustion entirely.

Another consideration is just for me to stop vaping, since my DBV seemed to lose effectiveness. Since it's my birthday though I would rather order myself a present.

What do you all think?

Thank you very much

2. i own a EQ and i love it it conserves bud i would say when i pack a elbow i smoke for like 30 mins with the whip or so but then im high as hell last night i took few rips then just turned it off woke up and smoked the rest

3. I used a buddah a few times never was a huge fan but my buddy has an extreme q and I love it the versatility of doing whips and bags is the best.. I also have a vapor brothers which is a whip style like the buddah and I actually prefer that to the buddah as well

4. #4 Doughnut, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    Wow really?

After around 8-10 hits from my SSV theres nothing left...I could turn the temp up for a few extra hits but thats it.
    My iolite can give hits from a bowl for a good 15 mins before it turns dark brown...
    However I thought this was due to my SSV being extremely efficient.

Although I have to admit it is a bit annoying that I have no idea what temp my SSV is running at, perhaps this is something 7th Floor will look into with furture products....At least I hope.

5. #5 xsploit, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    i can get quite a few huge vapor bong tokes out of my extreme q, i was debating bout getting a dbv, but was afraid bout burning herb, wanted to get one with th male joint if there is one and then slap my extreme q bowl and whip on it

6. thats a pretty good idea. My EQ conserves alot of bud one full elbow and im smoking for a good long time :smoke:

7. I have the EQ and LOVE it...The way it is set up it would be impossible to get the bud to combust. This is the best Vap for your money imo. I have the iolite for portable. But my bro has a Volcano and I like the EQ better because it didnt cost 699 and it uses less bud to get me high. I love this thing. Best Buy of the year for me.

8. agreed ;)

9. EQ all day. my friend has an SSV and he even prefers my EQ. personally i hated having to hold the wand up to the unit every time i wanted a hit and still had to worry about combusting. with the EQ you dont have to worry about combusting and can leave the bowl attatched without wasting anything. i sometimes smoke a bowl over the course of an hr.

10. lolwut.

Is the EQ really that awesome? The reason I bought the SSV was due to how much people raved about it on here...

I remember a fair few people saying it gives the biggest hits...

Meh, I may need to try one.

11. i think the EQ is better than the SSV in every single aspect. you can leave the bowl on, you have a digital readout so getting the right temp is easy, 3 different fan speeds, a super stoner remote, double of all pieces except elbows, the option for bag and whip, conserves nug a lot better. just to name a few advantages

12. It's easy to switch back and forth between using the whip and the bag system.  Both offer a slightly different experience.