Da Buddha Questions

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Blunt, Jun 22, 2010.

1. So I'm going to buy a Da Buddha as a little graduation gift for myself and I’m excited to start using it. I do have a few, actually a lot of questions though, so don’t mind me if I shoot away.

How do I break it in? I’ve heard that putting it on the highest temperature for 20 minutes works as “burn off” of the heating element to remove manufacturing residue. Is this true?

What can I do with vaped weed?

I was thinking about making hash with this tutorial or if I feel like it firecrackers using this tutorial. I’m aware it takes about 3x’s as much vaped weed as it would regular weed to make editables but how much would I need for hash? How much would an eighth produce in vaped weed and therefore in hash?

What’s the best temperature you’ve found? I hear that two to three “o’clock” is what’s commonly used.

I’m also obviously going to be collecting a lot of kief now that I’m grinding my weed for the vaporizer. What should I do with the kief? I was thinking about saving it for a joint or blunt. It’s very tempting though to make hash with it. Does anyone have a good tutorial for turning kief into hash? I’m not sure what the best, easiest but most conventional way to press kief is without going out of my way to buy something.

Any suggestions on how I can get the most out of my vaping experience? I obviously should cover the mouthpiece when I’m not taking a hit, correct?

How often do you stir? Around the fourth drag or what?

How do I warm it up? I hear some people put it on the highest setting for two minutes or so and then lower it to two or three “o’clock.”

I’ve heard some people turn up the temperature at the end of the bowl to basically roast the leftovers. What are your opinions on that? Should I just save what’s left for my hash and/or editables?

Any cleaning tips, advice or links?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for all the answers I’m sure I’ll get. I have been writing down all my questions just to be sure I got to ask everything I needed to know and if I think of anymore I'll be back to ask.

I’m glad I can finally get into the vaporizer scene and I’ll report back after the unboxing party, :smoking:.

2. Interested in seeing an expert on vaping answer your questions, as I've had many of the same. Have been looking into buying a buddha myself... just not sure if I wanna wait for the cloud to come out first or just get one now and cloud later.

3. Well from what intelligent people on this Forum have told me every good vaporizer goes through many stages of upgrades before it's perfected. I figure that the Cloud will be upgraded continuously so I might as well buy a Da Buddha for now.

4. #4 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
    When you first turn if on, put it on thc highest setting and let it sit for at least a half hour, then turn it off, let it cool down, and clean the glass heater cover with alcohol, rinse, dry. Put it back onto the heating element.

Save your vaped bud in it's own jar. It's crucial that it doesn't dry out more because if it does it will start to degrade the little value it has. When you have at least an ounce or so make some hash or edibles.

Start around 12 o clock, try to stay below 3 o clock or it'll burn easy, which is not good.

I stay around 1-2 o'clock.

You don't need to cover the mouthpiece, but I reccomend pulling the wand out before you end the hit just to 'clear' the whip of vapor. Stir the bud and pack it down with the marble every 3 or so hits.
    Try to aim for small light hits that you can hold in your lungs until nothing(or almost) is exhaled. Since if does take longer for your lungs to absorb vapor rather then smoke. And it won't hurt to hold it in since there's no bad smoke or tar. But you dont need to hold your breathe for a minute every hit LOL.

Turn it on, set the dial on 12 o'clock, start pulling but be careful not to pull too slow or it will burn or cone close to doing so. Experiment with pulling at different speeds.

The whip will get warm(not hot) if you leave it attached to the heating element for a long time.

Do not try to vape on full blast, it WILL burn.
    Give the unit about two minutes to adjust when you change temperatures, try to very gradually increase the temperature from 12-2 and see if you can find your 'sweet spot.

If by roast you mean burn, then no you don't really need to turn if up too much towards the end of the bowl. Remember, the speed of your pull also plays a role in the temperature, if you want to get the last one or two hits then you could pull a bit slowed but still be careful not to burn it.

5. Putting it on the highest setting for 20 mins or so to burn off the manufacturing residue, yes this is true.

You can make hash or edibles, its not worth smoking.

I've never made hash or edibles so I cant help you on those parts.

My vape is digital so I cant help you there either :(

To make some hash from keif, without buying anything. This is the best solution I've found.

Get a knife and a thick sandwich bag, cut the bag so it is a srtip about 2 inches wide and as long as you want. Put the keif on the bag and fold the plastic over. Next heat the knife with a lighter for a few seconds and touch the knife to some test plastic, to see if it melts it. If the plastic melts you can kiss your keif goodbye, so make sure you test on some other spare plastic.

Just keep heating the lighter and apply pressure. After a while the kief will be a little hard, hard enough to fold the kief over. Unfold the bag and fold the kief over, repeat steps with lighter and pressing and folding, then in about 10 mins you should have hash. :hello:

You don't have to cover the mouth piece when not hitting it. I did this for a while when I first bought my vape, but then I figured it like this. There is barely any vapor in the hose so what is leaving the hose is not worth worrying about. When your not drawing hot air past the weed then none is getting vaporized, so your not losing much at all when not putting your finger over the hole.

I stir mine when it stops hitting as hard. Once you smoke it a few times you'll know when and sometimes I don't even do it, you just get a few extra hits and I'm saving up my vaped herb for edibles :) I have about 16 grams.

Just turn it on the setting you need and leave it there. Don't sit around and stare at the vape, find something else to do. Takes anywhere from 3-10 mins, depending on vape. Mine heats in about 4 :) also costs 150 more lmao

Roasting the leftovers lol. Its not as easy as it sounds. Most of the stuff closest to the herb gets vaporized anyways. This is not needed. After about 4 grams through my vape I can get stoned on this stuff, check this out. Get a Q-tip and make sure the vape is heated up. Take like 10 good draws of air to heat up the "basically hash", and stick the Q-tip in there and move it around trying to get all the stuff you want. After you've gotta a few Q-tips covered or soaked in this awesome stuff. Pick it off the Q-tip and then we have cotton soaked in god. Take this God Cotton and try not to touch it much, but put it in the vape and smoke. After a while and you all FUCKED UP take the cotton out and break it apart to get a LOT more hits. This is my own personal way that you wont find on the internet. Don't worry, cotton burns at around 700 degrees.

You can clean the parts with rubbing alcohol and salt, I just cleaned mine today. If you clean the pieces without any salt then put that alcohol on a plate and let it evaporate for 24hrs. Scrape the stuff up and smoke it :)
    Just pour some stuff in the hose and let it wit for a lil while. After done pur it out clean with hot water. Let dry.

TGT

6. Hey thanks for the responses, keep them coming.

7. If you haven't already, then you should check out tokinglx on YouTube, he sells 7th Floor products, and has lots of videos(like how to change screens, durability tests, etc).

8. Welcome to the Vaporizer side, young jedi :D

9. Ya, he's great. I have his page bookmarked along with a few other tutorials on hash, cleaning, etc.

10. #10 Blunt, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  11. Yes, that will work, as long as the only other ingredient is water, it would be good for qwiso hash.

12. The only listed ingredients are,
    (By Volume) Isopropyl Alcohol (91% Conc.)

I updated the posts link, I thought it was to the product not the image.

I was planning on using it for this tutorial, thanks for your help NYCdeisel.

13. No problem, blunt.

The only thing I see wrong with that recipe is that they say to let the bud sit in the alcohol for 24 hours!! After just a few minutes it will start to absorb more cloraphyll and chemicals that will make the end product more harsh, runny, and green with plant matter.

When I make qwiso, I don't let the bud sit in the alcohol for more then a minute before straining the alcohol out onto a Pyrex dish. You could even make a tincture with some grain(drinkable) alcohol. But that would have to sit for at least a couple weeks I assume.

14. Ya, I'm not much of the patient type. I figure after a few weeks I'll begin to build up enough kief to support the one or two days I go without bud. I'm just looking for the quickest, and most efficient, way to make hash out of it.

15. Then you don't need to have that sit in the alcohol for 24 hours, maybe a minute tops.
    The last time I made qwiso(with keif ruined by Sharpstones metal shavings) it sat for a few minutes and came out very oily and very harsh to smoke. Plus just getting the goop into the bowl became an ordeal. All the times I've made it, with it sitting in the alc for <1min it became more solid after it dried and it was easy to chop off a slice and top a bowl with.
    But it's up to you, those are just my experiences with QWISO, and it seems(to me) that the longer it sits, the more "oily" it ends up.

16. Alright, I was thinking about doing this with the vaped bud.

I'm pretty set on a pollen press to get my kief handled correctly but we'll see.