Da Blueprintz!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by celticweedlover, Apr 4, 2004.

1. nice growbox celtic.........sweet in fact........i've got a nice little HPS that would suit it perfect if ya ever change your mind about the fluros.......i think it's a 60-75 one of the 2........got it off a friend, haven't checked to see if it's working though.........

as for the ferts, get yourself to homebase, or b and q and get some miricle grow bloom.......it's about 15-30-15......or 10-30-10........can't remember which, and can't get outta this chair to go find out.........lol........somewhere over there should have it............

you know with a growbox you could add co2 if you wanted as well, you'll not need it, but it's another thing to experiment with, and could increase yield......... try a soda stream, and take the bottom cup out, and it makes a perfect delivery system for co2........and when done, you go to tescos etc, and get a new co2 cannister...........Peace out............Sid

2. I Have a few weeks to go looking for a new fert anyway, ill see if i can pick up that miracle gro one, I might actually of seen it in Tescos i think.....hmmm lol
    The Hps soundz nice :D but for the time being im gonna have to stick with da flouro's, Although half way through the grow full of excitement ill probably take ya up on that offer lol, Damn thats tempting Sid!
    Can i get back to ya on that offer ?
    The co2 idea is cool, Never thought of using a sodastream before!
    I think im gonna go shopping for a sodastream very soon! :D
    I cant wait to start!
    CWL

3. CO2 chambers can be a very nice investment. People have been known to double their yield by doing this. It's also very easy to do, just a little more maintaining of temps is all. CO2 chambers tend to make the grow room hotter but a fan can easily counter it.

Ash23

4. yeah the offer will allways be open mate, your only next door........only thing is you'd need to collect it, it costs a fortune to send anything to Ireland............last time i sent something that weighed about 5kg, and it cost close to £30.......Peace out..........Sid

5. Sounds as bad as the USA Sid. Sending anything that weighs 2lbs or more is over $10 starting out. Then if you want insurance on the package it starts at $30 and goes up from there.

Ash23

6. Cheers!
    Im definitely gonna think bout it :D
    Damn postal service lol
    Ill be installing the other 2 side lights 2moro as well and apart from a bit of fine tuning and a bit of tidying up....Im finished!
    Ya ive seen the co2 cannisters in tesco's for the sodastream, ill definitely have to get one,
    ill keep yee posted!
    CWL

7. So heres the update!
    I have all the lights mounted and wired to the timer,each of the side lights can be turned on/off independently of each other.Im nearly finished doing the air intakes, i drilled rows of holes on the lower sides of the box to cover a greater area for better ventilation, Im gonna make a simple light trap for the inside to block light and a dust filter.
    I forgot about the fans to circulate air inside the box and i forgot to install another dc power supply for em! :( lol
    I found a 5 amp fuse and im gonna use that instead of the 13 amp fuse im using now just to be safe! Hope its not too low lol well soon find out!
    Ill have to go look for a circuit breaker as well just to be safe!
    I dont like to leave anything to chance when it comes to electricity.
    So thats it for now i think, ill post pics soon!
    CWL

8. I finished the air intakes and im making filters for em to keep out unwanted dust and insects!
    I still have a few little things to do though,
    I noticed that where the panels meet there is a small light leak(but its air tight) cos the wood glue turns transparent when it goes off! I also replaced the front door seal with a thicker version of the product but it glows a bit and doesnt work as well as the last stuff so im gonna change that as well!
    My Stealthbox has been sitting in my wardrobe for a few weeks now and no-one has discovered it, The only way i can get caught now is by a stupid light leak or humming noise!
    Im gonna make sure that i have the security aspect of this grow tried and tested till im convinced its a Stealth Box!
    No good havin a stealth box if it gets u caught!
    Any final suggestions/Advice ?
    P:S: Ill be posting pics in the next day r 2!
    Thanx ;)
    CWL

9. Where'd ya go CWL? Haven't heard from you in a while, figured I'd see what was up. Take care man!

ash23

10. Good to know yee all miss me so much lol
    Well im kinda broke at the moment and i have to pick up 1 or 2 stupid little things to finish the box, but im soooo broke lol
    I havent been paid in like the last 6 weeks cos the bank f*cked up big time!
    So Ive been reading as much as i can find since and i collected over 20 different guides and books! :) Ive been doin a lot of reading lol
    This Thread is far from over though, as soon as i get some money and have a shave,lol, im gonna pick up the last few things i need and ill post my box in all its expensive glory for yee to criticise and take the piss out of lol
    So wots up with ure grow? any luck yet?
    CWL

11. Mine had some serious set backs to where I don't know if I'll even get 2 plants to survive... My grow room got a new guest of a white spider almost translucent about 1" in size. It seems to have killed most of my plants (all but 3) and I decided to transplant them to an outdoor environment. Out of the 3 that I moved 1 got trampled by I'm guessing a deer and the other 2 seem to be doing ok. I haven't been able to check on them recently due to rain.

Ash23

12. Damn that sucks!
    I hope u got rid of that spider before he starts laying eggs and shit! Damn spiders!
    what strain are they? any picz?
    Hope u get 2 girls for all the sacrifice man ;)
    CWL

13. Hi Every1!
    Been very busy the last few weeks but i decided ive gotta finish wot i started so its full steam ahead from here on out! ;)
    The box is basically the same as ye last saw it but there are still 1 or 2 little things to finish off before its actually finished!
    I decided to germ some seeds last week for the craic and when they germed in like 12 hours i mixed up some soil and planted em.I plugged in the growbox and waited a few hours and they popped up above the soil looking for lumens ;)
    The Mr.Nice 'shit' (afghani vs Skunk) was the first to pop up and is 5 days old now and is very indica dominant judging by the very broad leaves!
    The White Rhino is 3 days old and although the leaves are still fairly small looks indica dominant too which is good for me!
    The white rhino is puzzling me at the moment actually, when it sprouted the plant pushed the seed casing above the soil as normal and opened up but never fell off and was stuck and wouldnt let the embryonic leaves open up yet the other leaves had already started growing!
    I very carefully removed the casing not damaging the leaves and its doing brilliant now except the embryonic leaves are way longer than normal,like 3 times the normal length and 1 is bigger than the other, no physical damage and are a healthy green colour too.should i be worried? is this bad? any1 have this b4?
    ill post sum pics 2moro anyway! yeeee ha! im finally growing!!!!! ;)
    CWL

14. with the amount of light thats in such a small box there, CO2 really wont hel you out too much... being as your yeild will be almost maxed as it is in such a small space... not worth the extra cost...