Da Blueprintz!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by celticweedlover, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Here are sum new pics of the box!

Attached Files:

2. You can see that all the electrics are on top! fairly neat too!

Attached Files:

3. Heres the timer for the lights, I ripped it apart and cut the plug part off it so it would be as neat as possible.Flick of a switch and it'll change to 12/12,very handy!

Attached Files:

4. heres the exhaust fan mounted on a rubber seal and being held down with rubber bands,Killed the noise a lot,

Attached Files:

5. Heres how the ducting attaches to the box!
    I sealed the ducting in place on a foam ring and sealed that to ducting box i made! the ducting box has foam rubber at the end of it for an air tight seal and stop vibrations again! The diameter of the ducting is larger than the fans as well!
    Im gonna use rubber bands again to hold it in place just like the fan.

Attached Files:

6. and here as well!

Attached Files:

7. Very nice setup CWL.. I look forward to seeing how well it works. How many plants are you expecting to grow within the box? I didn't think about looking back in your posts for measurements of the box before typing this, sorry if it's already been mentioned... just lazy and very high. Are you planning on building more boxes like this one in the future for more plants? Also, what's your total cost so far?

Ash23

8. I dont have the exact measurements here with me, but the box is about 3.5ft high, 16" wide and 16" Deep, I think....
    Im only gonna flower 1 plant in it, although ill have to veg more than 1 incase i get a male! I think 1 nice bushy plant would be nice! :)
    As for cost? off the top of my head sumwhere in the region of 100 - 150euro i'd say.Worth every penny!
    Am i gonna make more boxes? Cos im livin with my parents at the moment, thats a no, Im quite happy with just this 1 for now :),But soon....lol
    I finally hinged the door and used "draft excluder" to give an air tight seal when closed.I mounted the ducting box and sealed it all up as well! I plugged it in then to see how noisy the fan would be? Better than i expected, its dead quiet!
    My computer makes more noise than it! I checked the end of the ducting to see how strong the airflow was and it was a lot stronger than i expected too, and it was moving a lot of air as well! I checked for any air leaks and i couldnt find one!
    Lookin' Good so far anywayz! mmm White Rhino lol!
    so any last minute advice or suggestions?
    CWL

9. CWL, I have a suggestion hehehe, smoke me up when you're done ;) I'm in the USA, but I figured it'd be worth a shot :D

Other than that, I hope you grow some hellacious buds man, good luck!

Ash23

10. Worth a shot alright!
    thanx again man :)
    im gonna start on the side lighting tonight if i can!
    Ill post sum pics soon!
    CWL

11. lookin great man.... i hope your planning on using or making a screen correct? for the little bit of extra effort its worth it in the end... and i like the using the ubber bands to hard mount the fan... great idea...

12. Thanx Hippie! ;)
    Good idea with the screen but im not gonna use one with this grow,
    I said i was gonna keep it simple for this one so instead of bringing the bud to the light im gonna put the light closer to the buds.
    Im using 4 26w cool whites mounted on top and im gonna put 4 18w warm white Cfl's around the sides during flowering, which will be on a flexible cord that can be adjusted very close to the side of the plant.Im hoping to get even bud growth on the whole plant.
    I actually fixed the top 2 side lights a while ago, I used wire to wrap around the light socket to hold it in place and then taped the cable to the wire and made a loop at the other end and bolted it to the back panel using gutter bolts!
    So the Cfl's are coming out from the back panel on flexible rigid cords that can be adjusted easily in any direction.I wired em up as well and done a temperature test for an hour.I measured both air temperature and radiant temperature.
    Air temp - I placed a few white sheets of paper over the thermometer to block the light but let the air pass through and it was 74f
    Radiant temp - I took away the paper and let the light shine on the thermometer and it hit 80f.
    Very happy with the ventilation so far, Ill post pics of the box tonight as well!
    CWL

13. with almost 180w of light in that amount of spae theres gonna be insane bud growth.... :)

14. Ya sounds good when u put it like that! :D
    How much do u think i could harvest with 1 White Rhino in this set-up?
    A rough estimate will do!
    Thanx again!
    CWL

15. Here are some new pics of the growbox so far!
    I finally attached the top side lights and ill be putting the lower ones in 2moro!
    U can see the big difference in colour spectrum of each bulb,
    Ill be making reflectors for em soon,
    So wot do yee think?
    CWL

Attached Files:

16. and here is an 18w warm white Cfl, Ill be using 4 of em altogether!

Attached Files:

17. Heres the top of the box, starting to get crowded there lol

Attached Files:

18. U can see the difference in light spectrum great in this pic,

Attached Files:

19. I just checked my fert's a while ago and i think i got the wrong fert for flowering!
    My veg fert is 10.6 : 4.4 : 6.6 thats good isnt it?
    My flower fert is liquid tomato fert with seaweed extract, 4.0 : 2.0 : 6.6
    I thought for flowering its better to have sumtin with a high P value?
    I have to get a different fertiliser dont i?
    Thanxx!
    CWL

20. I recommend getting a better flowering fert for sure. With the NPK ratio having N and K higher than the P it's going to slow down production of buds a little. Try to keep the N ratio lower than the rest to get a better result.

Ash23