Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

*d$*'s resin guide.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by *dmoney/208*, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hey all/

I just wanted to share a helpful process for when your out of green, and money happens to be low, but you want to get blown.

First, to do this, you may have to commit an unforgivable sin for alot of regular and even "snobby" tokers. DO NOT change your bong water in one of your pieces (or 2, if you can bring yourself to do so) for about a week to a week and a half. Use a poker to unclog your bowl, and make sure the bowl is ALMOST cashed, with about,say, a hit left, and use a poker to push it through to your water. Yes, i'm aware that this will taint the taste of your hits, and leave the piece, and it's water "dirty" looking, smelling. Trust me, it's worth it in the long run during desperate times. After that time has passed, we will begin a process that is actually alot simpler to do than how it sounds when you explain it. Usually, In that time, me and a couple friends, will have gone through appr. 6 1/8ths of Mids, between about 4-5 heads.

first.

THE FIRST STEP: Take the peice that you feel has accumulaed the most resin in the water, and the sides of glass. Get a caulender (sp?) for draining pasta, get 2-3 coffee filters and spread them out in a row at the bottom of the caulender. SLOWLY dump that stanky ass resiny water into the center filter, because the other two are mainl for backups on the side, to catch wayward resin bits. Also remember to overlap the edges of the filters a bit. Then after you've sucessfully ran all the water through, let the resin collect in the filter, and let the remaining water drain. This takes app. 5-10 mins. When you have done this, you'll see that the resin collects in a loose, big pile at the bottom of the filter. After making sure (this is important, believe it or no) that all standing water has drained, we move on to....

THE SECOND STEP: Take the filter(s) and get a small paring knife, or anything similar (you'll want something small) and get a white or close to plate, and scrape everything off the filter lightly. Once it's on the plate, it'll be wet, so scrape it up into a neat pile. Then, if you have one laying around, this is optional, btw, but it helps if you have a spoon (pipe) that hasn't seen a cleaning/scraping in awhile and scrape some dry resin into the mix.This will solidify it better, and you will get bigger hits. Then after that, with your bong, Scrape the bowl & the inside of your bowl stem (if it's a slider and detachable. Once again, this won't really affect your outcome if your peice isn't a slider. It's makes a difference only in amount.) After this, we move on to....

THE THIRD STEP: Now, you need a cigarette cellophane from the bottom of the pack. Baggies DO NOT work for this. Once you've procured such an item, carefully scrape any and all resin into the cellophane. Tap the sides after, cause chunks WILL stick to the side on the way in. Then, take a couple strands of tobacco, and just drop in the bag. It sticks to the resin chunks and keeps in together better. Remember, only a FEW STRANDS. A giant pinch would ruin it. Then, take a tiny pinch of sugar, and sprinkle it lightly over it. This make the bowls burn longer instead of being sucked through with hits left in it. Don't ask me how this works, it just does. Remember, The sugar will melt on contact, so, it won't affect the taste, or smell. It also will NOT make the smoke harsher. Then...

THE FOURTH STEP: Put the ciggy bag, STANDING UP with the top open, in your freezer for 10-15 mins. When you take it out, the cellophane should look foggy. Lightly feel the resin to make sure it's still somewhat moist, but sticky and firming. It should smell pretty peppery if you've done this right. Let it warm for a couple minutes. Then...

THE FIFTH AND FINAL STEP: Weigh it if you can. I assure you, you will get anywhere from 1.5 g's, to 4.5 gs. My last batch was exactly an 1/8th of resin :p. This shit if you make it this way, comes out dank, and a bowl to myself (with a middle ground tolerance) get's me blown for hours. It's called "Poor Man's Hash" for a reason. So now you......SMOKE IT!!!:wave:

Mind you, i'm sure some flaming will ensue from this, but it's not for everyone. This is a 2nd gen technique, and I find it convenient when i'm out, but want to get high a time or two more (but without spending more $$) That 3.9-4 g 1/8th of the shit I made a few days ago would last you anywhere from 2-5 days, if you don't wake and bake with it.
    It's powerful, very much so.
    It's also never fucked up my lungs, made me throw up, anything like that, so I'd say it's safe.

I hope you enjoyed my guide to shameless high seeking, and happy tokin', blades!

*d$*

2. sounds like a lot of effort. i think id rather just not smoke than smoke resin laced with tobacco and sugar.

3. Why not just smoke the last hit? You're pushing good weed into a dirty thing of water to smoke later.

4. or if you smoke blunts, just save the roaches. I do all the time, accumulate like 4-5 good roaches and you can have a nice resin filled blunt later that'll fuck you up.

5. wow dude...

a tutorial to get resin, i thought id never see it....

6. i would expect a guide like this from someone from idaho haha.. your probably getting that brown mexi-weed

7. Seems rather specific, I have never heard of someone smoking tobacco, sugar, and resin (nasty). Don't most people scrape resin out of their pipe and smoke it in said pipe? That's what I do.

8. It's cool that you went through all this effort to type out a resin guide, but anyone I know that smokes their resin just scrapes it out of everything and puts it in a pipe on a screen and just smokes that shit.
    I'd rather not smoke unfiltered tobacco and sugar.

9. sugar?!!?

10. I read the first paragraph. I assumed later you explained how to extract the resin from the week old bong water and since I wasn't in the mood to throw up I didn't read the rest.

11. nope. no brown for me. my decent mids are green as can be. Actually, in the NW, there is really not alot of brown to be heard of. I can't recall ever seeing any in person.:hello:

12. I do this all the time, but I don't use sugar or anything I just let it dry and then smoke it

13. #13 *dmoney/208*, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
    I actually don't use sugar if there is ALOT of it. Its really only if you have a small amount and don't want it to get sucked through after the first hit.

I just made this as help for those respectable tokers among us who don't always have a cool wad of cash to flash. I said it's probably not for everyone. So i feel like i'm getting flamed for trying to help our lower income smokers.

14. If you have a small amount, small enough that it will just get pulled through, how do you plan to get high off of it?

And this is a stupid thread, who the fuck would willingly smoke sugar? Sorry, but Ill stick with my lovely lady Mary, resin is disgusting.

15. OH NO! Dr Dankenstien....

16. #16 jigglewad, Aug 21, 2009
    Don't Do Anything but Dump your bong water in a metal filter for a few months. You can change the water as often as you like. Just make sure you shake it and dump it in the filter. Ok. Resin will certainly get you high. It is concentrated mj tars and ash, (and spit, like he said, and whatever other crap) It does a number on your lungs. But.....if you're a down ass smoker like me.....sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm smokin res right now. SO today i won't smoke butts to compensate. ANOTHER THING TO DO!!!!!
    I DUMP MY BONG WATER INTO A METAL COFFEE FILTER.
    I've only done this continually for months.
    2 0z trainwreck
    1.5 oz blackberry kush
    0.75 oz of Blue Dream
    and like a half ounce of purple dream and threw the bong water in the filter. I am so fucking high right now and I have like an 1/8th of this black sticky bud like substance. I'm getting so ripped. Definately will be doing this again for when i run out. the mix of these buds is nutz.!!!!! After three months you will have enough bong res to get high for a while. I'm pretty sure i'll have this for a few days till i find some money.
    This dude made it all complicated. I keep the filter next to my sponge on the sink. It's my bong water filter. It collects shit everytime i change my water. I see big pieces floating in my bong and I don't give a shit. I'm like whatever, that'll get smoke eventually. Just dump it out whenever its in a dry stage and you're good to smoke it.

17. In your post who are you refering to when you say "he" and "this dude"?

Smoking resin is not that fun, I feel like I have to take like 50 rips just to get a little buzz and then it wears off in 20 minutes. Kind of a waste of lung if you ask me.

18. Dude... smoking sugar is bad for you. There are much better ways to smoke resin than this

19. I think I'll stick with smoking actual marijuana

20. #20 jigglewad, Aug 21, 2009
    The person who wrote the essay on resin......It's now a few hours later and......I gotta agree resin suck!!!!!! Grow weed instead!!!!! Ummmm,.....yeah.....btw I used to live in Idaho,and come to think of it the couple times I smoke weed out there it did suck.

Attached Files: