Cyclone Brewer

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by captincola, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here has used one of those cyclone compost tea brewers from key to life, and if so how did you like it?
    I've been thinking about buying one but wanted to hear some feed back/reviews on them first.
    Thanks!

2. save your cash, compost teas are unnecessary.

3. Teas have been a part of my regimen for years now. They are a great foliar and root drench (root dunk in my situation) and I feed all my house plants with the lest overs. I have seen a big improvement in my garden sense the very first brew I ever did so I am very curious as to why you think they are unnecessary.

4. because you can get the same results by top dressing the compost, skipping the brewing all together.

5. You can't foliar spray with just top dressing it. When spraying it actually adds a bio-film which helps prevent pests and disease. But I believe in doing both. You can never have to much fungi and bacteria in that soil!

sent from the toilet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i think @jerry111165 is selling his brewer, maybe he can cut you a deal.

7. No need to buy a fancy one, all you need is a bucket, air pump with hose, air stone, a stick, some panty hose, and compost, earth worm castings, and some Molasses to feed the microbs.

sent from the toilet.

8. Yeah I was listening to a podcast where they talked with the guy who invented the cyclone brewer. I think he also co-wrote teeming with microbes but I could be mixing podcasts(I have been binge listening at work). Well anyways the dude is super smart but he believes in a lot of pseudo science. He says the cyclone improves the compost tea because of some type of mystic relation between the cyclone orientation and the universe. It is similar to a lot of holistic stuff that people do in bio-dynamic compost. Like burying a horn and doing everything during certain moon cycles. I personally think that while the compost is great stuff, it's effectiveness has nothing to do with its traditions and everything to do with quality inputs and layering methods plus cook time. In other words a lot of this stuff is what is called Hippie Magic where they built in rituals into the system from the beginning but they refuse to acknowledge that if you remove the rituals then you still have amazing compost.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have been brewing this way for years, I am just looking into different/cleaner methods.

10. Like Zube said you cant foliar this way, plus I'm all hydro other then my moms. Rock wool on flood tables in veg and RDWC in bloom so top dressing isn't an option. Brewing also builds massive colonies of bacteria and fungi that you just don't get with top dressing alone. But don't get me wrong top dressing is how my mom plants get fed.

11. @jerry111165 how do you like the brewers? Is it worth it or should I stick with the good ol bucket and air stone method?

12. Honestly if you create a simple organic soil based on quality viable compost then there is absolutely no need to add "more microbes" to the soil - IMO it becomes redundant. There will be more than enough in good compost based soil to begin with.

Read here from Pallyup Research Center, Washington State University to make your own educated decision - https://puyallup.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/compost-tea-2.pdf

And also here - https://puyallup.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/403/2015/03/compost-tea-3.pdf

In my opinion? Don't waste your hard earned dollars and instead work on either making or sourcing the very best (viable/living) compost you can find.

HTH

J

• Like Like x 1