Cyclists.. what's this part called?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Spyder, Aug 13, 2011.

  1. Didn't know if I should have posted here or in the auto section, so I went with this section since I'm talking non-motorized bikes lol

    But anyways, I let my brother use my bike and he lost this part:


    It goes in the barrel adjuster and without it the entire cables have been getting pulled through.

    I'm looking to get this replaced if possible.. hard to find when I have no idea what it's called. Anybody know? If not it looks like I'll be buying a new brake lever.. 20 bucks down the drain cause of a tiny little part :(
  2. i think they are called cable stops
  3. Ah, thanks man. +rep

    Can't find anywhere that sells it, so it looks like I'll end up buying a new lever anyways. Oh well lol I'm ready to ride!
  4. bo, just go to your local bike mechanic. he can fix u up
  5. Yeah I'll take mine out there and see if they can hook me up. Thanks again!
  6. yeah a bike shop should have a replacement for that. If not, call up the company that makes your bike brake lever bodies. some cable sets also have these parts with them.

    I wonder, how did your brother lose that part? I mean, I understand losing springs on a quick release axle if you happen to take the wheel off for some reason-but that's a little harder. did he break your brake cables?
  7. Dude, I have no idea how he lost it. He must have tried messing with it or something, because it's not like that part would just fall off.. Everything else is fine.

  8. That's confusing, well
    best of luck with it

Share This Page