Cycle times for lighting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zig864, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Ok, here it is in a nutshell. I've clipped my plants, this produced more growth on the lower part of the plants. Is now a good time to change the lighting cycle, they are 9" to 10" tall right now. Also what are the cycle times and when should they change. I would like to have a crop asap as I am jonesing right now, the fastest way to produce flowering is the most desirable to me. I don't want to sacrifice for speed of harvest though. Any help woould be appreciated. Keep token'

2. For flowering 12 on 12 off. i heard 16 on 12 off works badd ass tho. i use the 12 12 cant afford a fucking timer that has over a 24 hour cycle hehe poor mexican.

..what yall know bout them Texas boyz, comin down in candy toys, smokin weed and talkin noize.......

3. Thanx for the quick reply Pimp-c. At this pooint I'm guessing that the 12 on/off period is the way it is kept till harvest.
    How long before it produces the desired results.
    I've never seen a timer that has more than a 24 hr. clock. If they exist they must be at specialty shops. I'm just about to go and get a pack of smokes, so i'm gonna stop at the local head shop and check, just for shits and giggles. Again thank you and keep token'.

4. 12 on 12 off is the best doing other lighting cycles could cause it to go hermi. Just remember when you start 12/12 your plants will triple in size.

5. thanx weedseeker,

I read that several times just wanted to be sure, after the time spent on germination and all. The growth doesn't bother me as I have a small room in my basement totally dedicated to growing.