Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CVS Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 13pointsOfLight, Apr 6, 2007.

1. any1 heard of this...ive been hospitalized 3 times this year for food poison-like symptoms...basicaly in the morning ill wake up and just start vommiting for no apparent reason for 10-36 hrs...ive vommited 100 in a dAY...lost 18lbs in 2 days...theyve done every test possible and no diagnosis...until now...they say its Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome its more usual in kids but im 27 and its been goin on for like 3 yrs now...

the kicker is...i told this ER doc that i was on no medication as i had no diagnosis and that the only drug i use is MJ to regain my appetite after vommiting for almost 3 solid days...so he comes back in and gives i me a nternet printout of a 1994 study that showed some guy had the samething as me and it was due to his habitual use of.... guess what MARIJAUNA:mad: ....now i knew this guy was full of shit, cause i had just been off smoking reef for a year due to probationary Drugtests...and guess what... i was in the hospital not on weed and still puking my ass off durring that time!!!

Has any1 heard of CVS.. or have unconrolable, unexpained vomiting!?! i just wanna make sure this asshole doc wasnt correct!

2. Cyclical vomiting is a "cop-out" diagnosis that a lot of doctors use when they can't find out your real cause of vomiting.

We are doing research to actually prove what the actual cause is (we already know answer).

Marijuana should not cause your problem as far as our research shows. Lots of other triggers are however able to set you off hugging the porcelain !

Vomitstop Organization

3. what happens when you smoke enough to get toasted (coughing hits and then some or light buzzing before you stop smoking)

herb is usually looked at as a nausea killer not an inducer so it may be a gag reflex issue perhaps sinus

yoga may help with weed and calm breathing to limber up before during and after...eat after the 3rd or 4th small toke and stop the yoga for at least an hour or two to let the food settle

4. Actually CVS has been known to have been to tell their patients that Marijuan is a way of HELPING CVS. And it's Cyclic Vomitting Syndrome. Now Cyclical :p hehe.
    No biggie.

5. if i were u i would take a look at my diet if it dont look to healthy maybe try and eat a bit betta,it might be that u have sum kinda allergy

good luck wif this m8 feel 4 u

6. This one kid i knew had soemthing like that it was in 8th grade and he was in the hospital for about 2 months, i remeber he told my teacher he had to take 3 inch pills up his anus(not sure if he was lying knowing him though he probably wasnt). But he did have a problem where he would throw up with out notice through out the day but in his case it only lasted a year. That probably didnt help you. Sorry hope you feel better

7. Thank all of u guyz for your stories and links...keep em commin cause there are people out there who dont even know they have this disease...iv had it for 3 years and just got a diagnosis 3 months ago!?!...again THANK YOU GCer's there are many good people here!!:hello:
    + karma for every1 who posted!

8. Yoga seems like an awesome idea for anyone, really... I've been meaning to get into it.

As far as the gag reflex issue, I've had that, albeit rarely. What happened was, I felt so hungry in the morning, so hungry that I became nauseous and started heaving. I think it has to do with the fact that MJ has completely altered my appetite and I get painfully hungry sometimes, but still don't feel like eating. Other times, I have a huge appetite and am not even all that physically hungry.

I've been losing weight, so I'll take the trade-off :)

To the original poster... marijuana itself will not induce nausea but maybe alterations in appetite caused by pot can cause GI disturbances sometimes, with some people? I think it's possible, especially if you eat a lot of heavy foods that are hard on your GI tract when you are commencing munchie gratification.

9. -changing my diet seems to be the key at this time, also drinkin plenty of water and not eating at a late time...which is tough if u got the munchies.

-its definately not a gag reflex...or choking due to a big hit...ever1 has done that...been smokin for 12yrs and i have done that b4

-and to the dude who says he gets painfully hungry in the morning...man that happens to me ALL the time...my stomach starts churning like im really hungry but im not(nothing sounds good) and i cant eat crap cause i feel like im gunna puke...i thought i was the only one :) :(

10. sounds like acid reflux with either smoothing of the gi walls or lack of fiber/ect to get things absorbing nutes right again

the gi being blocked or over active acid production can wipe out your bodies ability to grab even the simplest of things like absorbic acid (leadin' to scurvy)

try some rye/wheat/multi grain bread salad ect a multi vitamin (vitamin c alone in 1000mg+ doses really kicks alotta malnutrition issues so start there)

flax seed oil and b12 should help with the acid production

11. Bump on this thread because I have the same problem myself, but less extreme than the OP. For a few days at a time, I'll wake up between 4-6 am and start puking my guts out til I'm just retching and dry-heaving. Don't try to tell me I'm pregnant, unless I've somehow had a baby in my uterus for the last 4 years of my life that is making me vomit in the morning.
    And once in a while, I can relieve my morning nausea with sneezes, which is weird and apparently relates to the vagus(?) nerve in the human body..
    Well, last night I tried to elevate my head in case the problem is acid reflux, but I actually puked last night more than I ever have.

I read some Australian study about how heavy marijuana use causes CVS, but I've never heard of marijuana causing nausea for anyone. And, this problem occurs whether I priorly smoked marijuana or not. I also experience extreme loss of appetite (but am still HUNGRY and weak), and I've learned that once I smoke marijuana, I can engorge and feel so much better.

So anyway, I have a doc appointment soon to try and pinpoint a problem that's causing this syndrome...
    but it'd be neat if I could get an mmj card to help me out with this crap.

Anyone else know about Cylic Vomiting Syndrome?