Cutworms

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Sc00byD00bie, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Anyone have a tried and true to get rid of these fuckers?

2. BT helps, but the seedling usually gets chomped too.

Raising the plants up and putting them in a tub of water, like a moat, but on a brick to keep them out of the water.

This is what I did for an outbreak a few years back, but natural predators may have played a role also. IDK

Hate those fuckers, but haven't seen them for several seasons. This was all outdoors.

Wet

3. Well, the seedling is gone lol but I put up some oats soaked in BT solution as bait, sprinkled it on top of the soil. Think that will work? All my other plants are older moms, and some clones but they are in a propagator. How old do seedlings need to be in your experience to not be attacked by them?

4. IDKTBH
    I started more seeds on top of a galvanized garbage can and as soon as they popped, moved them inside. The BT helped, but it didn't work before the damage was done and the seedlings dead. AgSil helped some also, but this was on older plants/clones.

I'm really at a loss on how I scraped by.

Wet

5. Ok how about i plant some sacrificial plants just to spray them with BT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've never had an issue with them. But, maybe this article will help. Cutworms

• Like Like x 2
  7. I found that washing my plants outside in veg helped alot too. Keep thr eggs off. Of course its hot and dry where I live!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2