Cuttings?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DiamondSupply, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Some guy wants to sell me these "AK47 Cuttings" I checked a big on google,and its telling some things about cloning and stuff.

He says it will grow 100% and it's female..

Someone explain me what tha fuck is that lol

2. As you stated, its a clone. Search how to grow a clone.

He takes a cutting off of a female plant that when put into soil with the right process will grow into a plant that is female (gives you the kind of bud you want to smoke)

Still sounds sketchy getting it off the internet but thats up to you to decide whether it is worth it to go through with this

3. Don't buy them if you don't even know what clones are lol.

They are just cuttings from a female plant (clones of the mother plant) if it was a female then the clones will be female too (which is what you want).

Growing takes effort and money so its best to do LOTS of reading and planning first.

4. I'm not buying it from the internet,some guy that I know and I smoke with him :p

And thanks :3

5. Outdoor growing ;)

6. Still takes planning and possibly money

7. Everything is planned,except this:

1.How much water needed per week
    2.Which soil and dirt
    3.Pot or Natural :p

8. Could you explain what is planned? :s

9. Place,Budget,Who's in,Who's out.

Who's being paid,who's watering it,who's paying gas to go there,etc.

What isn't planned:

1.How much water we need per week
    2.Soil(needed/not needed)
    3.Go natural or with soil and stuff

10. Ok well how many plants directly affects how much water but plan on each plant needing at least 2 gal a week and more if its hot and elevated at your spot.
    As for soil you need to look at it and I like to do a simple soil and ph test and then decide from there if I need to amend.

11. Do I really need soil?

12. You need to test the soil at your spot to know if you need to add more/amend

13. yep, thats how you get ripped off - buying shit you dont know anything about.

14. I have learned now :hello:

I already knew what clones we're,but not cuttings.(im french so he used another term)

15. ds
    yeah technically, cuttings refer to un-rooted clones.

to answer your question though, I figure your growing will have better chances of success if you plant in the ground. More water retention, room for the roots to grow, and the soil will keep improving from crop to crop thanks to cannabis regenerative ability (regenerative to soil).

A soil test can be done in a lab or you can assess it with your senses. gather the soil and see how small the particles are, the smaller the better and sand is one of the larger particles. You want a nice mixture of silt and clay, because clay holds many minerals and when you mix it with some compost they become available to the plant and hold lot's of water, as well as nutrient.

after you have assessed it's initial quality. you can do a few simple things to improve the soil structure before planting , such as amending it with compost and dry organic amendments such as pelletized pre-mixed organic fertilizer or mineral blends. The soil may also be improved by spraying it with compost tea or a professionally manufactured biochar.

by the way, AK strains are a good choice for first time grows, being mold resistant, drought resistant, good yielding, and good potency, and not too finnicky about nutrient issues.

Good luck! h2

16. Talking about the soil,i'm thinking of using Cow shit(looool)

I got this recipe(grandma recipe lol):

1/4 of cow shit
    3/4 of water

And can you tell me how much time it takes to grow some AK? I can't find my seed website which showed like 110% of infos on each seed :mad:

17. yeah the cow shit should be scattered over your soil and watered in, do not store any compost/water mixture, instead apply immidiately. also if you can, harvest stinging nettles and scatter the material in with the manure, chopping it up with a shovel before watering. Nettles are rich in Iron which cannabis can never get enough of and this material will be available to the cannabis when it decomposes in the manure..

AK's will take 6-7 weeks to vegetate, as well as 8-9 weeks to flower before harvest. You will know it's harvest time when the plant fuzz crystals changes from silvery pale to golden/red hue

18. cow shit is something you can use for composting, not something you can use directly in soil or even AS soil. check out seedfinder.eu for strain infos, but pay more attention to user reviews than breeder description.

19. Thanks to you both!

But what if I don't have money for soil :(

Can't I just use the normal dirt if it's passed the ph test and shit

20. you have money for soil.

even if you put together a really good organic soil mix (as described in the organics section), its only gonna be like 50€ and you couldnt invest the money in any better way. soil quality determines a very large part of the quality of your bud and an even larger part of the trouble youre gonna have with the grow.
    if youre short on money, just dont buy anything else. pots are free, sticks are free, sun is free, water is free (almost). hell you can even go cheap on the seeds/clones (if the AK clone guy wants too much, buy nirvana seeds, 20€+shipping), still better than cheaping out on the soil.