Cuttings are Yellowing and Have Brown Spots - Leaves look weird

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by humbuddha, Jan 29, 2011.

1. #1 humbuddha, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    Hey everybody, first post here :) Hoping yall can help me out a little bit. This has been an ongoing problem for me for the past year. My clones root somewhat quickly - about 10-14 days - and at this time I give them a light dose of botanicare pure blend pro grow and karma as per instructions for clones - 7.5 m/L gal for grow and about 15mL Karma. Also throw in some roots organics - about 2 tsp per gal - a little on the lighter side for sure.

They look good for the first week, start to yellow after that. Now I give them nutes around day 12 or so and they stay yellow, develop even more brown spots and the leaves look horrible. Like too much humidity maybe? I have them under 2 t5's cranking about 64 watts per 4 trays until a few days after they get their first dose of nutes then I add 40 more watts or t12's.

They don't seem to improve after the nutes. It seems like a N or K thing like it should due to rooting and using the nutes outta the leaves but they are having a hard time bouncing back. I threw some in Ocean Forrest and they have decent growth after two days but nothing more than about half inch or so of vertical growth. The strain is GDP by the way.

Totally lost on this one. pH is 6 or a little less and the ppm is about 400 or so when they get their first feeding. I am on well water and have about 60-100 ppm of cal/mag added. Other neighbors seem to be doing fine with it, without the cal/mag softener the ppm's are about 65. The RH is 60% and the temps are 75F. Roots are healthy and white and lots of them.

Scared to give them higher strength nutes - it almost looks like a burn right now. Bulbs are about 3" away or a little more. They get decent air flow, they are in a closet with the doors open and a somewhat small fan pushing out air. PLEASE HELP! I am getting frustrated. No bugs that I can see, no root rot or anything like that. Don't seem to be over watering but the leaves look that way. Errrr. I was think that it was taking too long for me to be able to give them nutes due to the substrate not drying out but they haven't improved and I fed them three days ago. Any ideas? Any and all help would be much appreciated :) Peace and Love from Humboldt :smoke:

PS I just sprayed them with azatrol, first time sprayed with any chems, did foliar feed Karma twice. Hope the pic shows up

Just saw this so:

What is your experience level? Novice

Your Equipment:
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. 104 watts - tube floros - sunshine and cool white bulbs
    .2) Distance from tops? 4"
    .3) Reflector type? tube reflectors
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? yes
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? no circ fan

Your medium: - RW
    .8) Size of container - a flat

Your nutrients and water:
    10) Source of water? Well - pH 6.0/5.8 - 80- 120ppm
    11) Method of checking water ph.- PH meter
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. PH up and down
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. 3-2-4
    14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering? Every 4 days or so - when they become slightly dry but not wilting
    15) Any additives or tea's? Karma, Roots organics
    16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate? Very stable - love Botanicare

Your growroom:
    19) Indoors or outdoors? indoor
    20) What size of closet, room or hut? Closet - 6'x4'
    21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? 75-78F day 75F night - RH=60-65%
    22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom? In room next to - borers, root aphids, mites - no seen on flats though - def no root aphids but I am sure they will creep in soon - so azatrol :)

Attached Files:

2. you shouldnt be feeding the cuttings anything apart from water until they have fully rooted and you put them in soil or hydro where your ph shoud be between 6.5 and 6.8 but only then should you be using ph buffers tap water is all they should recieve and a mist every so often. are they in a propigator and have you got a heat map

3. Ummm, Hydro isn't that high for pH. I give them nutes when they are rooted and they are quite yellow, so they need the nutes. They are given well water, better than tap, and are on a heat mat at 78 degrees with a digital controller. Mist once a day or so, use a prop lid for about a week then start to ween them off of it.