Cutting your own hair

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by 420neverforget, Mar 2, 2013.

1. I cut my own hair.

My ex girlfriend was a cosmetologist. She used to teach at an academy.

Anyway, for my birthday last year she bought me a kamisori set. I don't let other people touch my hair.

2. I just don't want to give other people money to touch my hair. :laughing:

I had an awesome hair lady that I used to go to from when I was 12 years old to like 20 years old, she was a friend of my moms so she gave us a discount but was also really good at her job. Always managed to do exactly what I wanted, and she was a super sweet lady too. Unfortunately she passed away a few years ago, so when I needed a hair cut again I was like "well, I could either go through the effort of trying to find another awesome hair lady and pay loads of money, go to Supercuts and get a cheap ass hair cut, or I could try cutting it myself!"

So I gave it a try, with just some basic old hair scissors, and it actually didn't turn out bad at all. Been cutting my own hair ever since. It's easier than I thought it would be. :D

3. Since I have super curly hair... if I fuck up, it's not a big deal.

Hahaha, I cut my bangs a little to short last time. So, I just pinned them back until the grew out. Haha.

4. Super jealous of your super curly hair. Mine is all stupid, sometimes it's straight sometimes it's a bit curly, sometimes it's just wavy. Just pick a side, hair. Getting real sick of your indecisive shit. :p

5. I always cut and dye my own hair. I can pay someone $150.00 or I can do it myself with bottle of and dye and a pair scissors and $10.00

6. Damn, $150. :eek:

Most I ever paid was $60, I guess I got a better discount than I thought... :p

When my parents moved away my mom had to find a new person to do her hair, found a fancy salon nearby, went in for a cut and dye, didn't even bother asking prices.

Turns out this fancy pants salon charged her something like $200 just for a cut and dye. She about shit her pants, and I think my dad probably actually shit his pants if he ever found out how much she spent on a new hairdo. :laughing:

7. Yeah I have a few friends who will easily pay that much every 6 weeks and think it's perfectly normal. When I used to go to a salon I would pay about $100 every 4-6 months but my hair was complicated. Bleach and dye and crazy colors they would have to order for me. But I learned how to do it myself and I haven't been to a salon in about 4 years. I hate hair stylists. And now I deal with bitchy makeup artists all day.

Your mom learned a hard lesson that day haha.

8. Lol, that she did! She went on and on about this "nice gay hair stylist" and how well he did though, so I guess she was at least satisfied with the outcome even if she ended up paying much more than she thought she would. :p

I can't imagine paying that much money every 6 weeks... That's a shit ton of money on just hair. :eek:

9. When I need anything really complicated done, I buy my ex a bottle of wine and her fiancée some weed and she does whatever I need. Hahaha.

10. Why yes, I do cut my own hair, thank you for asking.

11. $10 at the barber down the road and me and him sit and talk about Allah and Pussy for 25 minutes hahaha, its funny because in the same building with no wall inbetween them is an actual hair salon.

Hassan is the baddest motherfucker in the universe for real, go see a barber, get it done right, i mean doing it on your own it might look good or you might just keep cutting because it doesnt look good to you, where as a barber is just gonna have ya lookin freeeessssshhhhhhh

12. Honestly, the best part of going to the barber for a haircut is when they wash your hair.

Ooooooh that feel

13. Damn i need to get in the salon game aha ...

14. Haven't cut my naps in a long time

15. About seven years ago I got sick of paying for haircuts and bought a nice set of Wahl flippers with all the guards and case and everything for around thirty dollars. Haven't paid for a haircut since. I don't even use a guard anymore.

It is noteworthy for me to say that not much grows up top anymore so the decision to do it myself was made that much easier.

16. So I finally got some clippers and cut my hair. I pretty much just went with a #7 all around and #5,6 to attempt to fade a lil bit. Could'a turned out worse.

17. I shave my own head and let the beard grow

18. I just cut my hair. I'd post a picture, but I have no way to resize.

19. Im going to do this today, wish me luck

20. Good luck.

Unless you're superstitious, in which case, you joined in '13, your post count is a backwards 13 and your post # in this thread is 3 times 13.

But I'm sure you'll do fine.