Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cutting weed in a blender?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nickpalmer, May 19, 2009.

1. hello fellow weed smokers, nick palmer here.

first time poster, short time smoker.

im a giant noob so i was wondering if its cool to put weed in a blender opposed to having to cut it. is this a common practice?

cheers, companianos.

2. thanks in advance! ;)

3. nah not really lol when i was a noob i used to use a cofee grinder..which works well

but i'd imagine a blender would be wasteful

just break it up with your fingers

4. Too brutal on the buds for my tastes. Use scissors and fingers, or if you MUST get a hand grinder.

5. grinder is way better, the blender might just send the buds flying around, losing tichomes.
    also, grinders collect kief and sciccors collect a little. fingers waste all the kief

6. sorry whats a tichomes and kief

7. That is completely incorrect. Very little kief is wasted using fingers if you know what you are doing. Far more winds up in the bowl than with a grinder. I prefer keeping my kief with my broken up bud; if I want pure kief I sift for it :)

When I gently break up a nug with my fingers there is no kief lost. Maybe a few tiny microscopic grains stick to my fingers, but I just lick them clean :D

8. Trichomes are those little red hairs you see on good weed...

Kief is the stuff that falls off when you pick up or grind the weed(it sticks to your fingers)...

Both are the most potent parts of the plant and shouldn't be wasted.

If you put weed in the grinder its gonna get grinded up into a really find powder which would be too much for me... Plus unless you have at least a half ounce then it will be a TOTAL waste.

I would just stick to fingers, scissors, or just go get a hand grinder :p:p

[​IMG]

9. Trichomes are NOT the hairs. Kief IS the trichomes from the plant, the little round glands that contain most of the cannabinoids.

I really wish people would stop spreading misinformation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The red hairs are just.... red hairs. I think they're the stamen of the flower (comparable to the human penis)

Kief is just a collection of trichomes. They're small crystaline structures on bud. They've got a small crystaline shaft with a tiny "resin head" on it's tip. They're shaped kinda like a small penis (what's with things being penis's this morning???? penis). They've got a really high percentage of cannabinoids, and are therefore super potent when seperated from the plant. Leaving them on the plant (as OSG suggested) is the simplest/most effective way to go IMO.

penis

11. thanks for your help.... nick palmer :hello:

12. My blender is my time/money saver - just take all the large stems and seeds out and you're golden. (I pulse them separate with some staler product to make reserves). Make sure you pulse (short bursts in the blender) vs. just turning it on an walking away - not too much you can do with dust. And make sure, above all, your blender is clean and dry as a bone - that's the only way something will "stick" and be "wasteful" is if it's wet or dirty.

13. My friend used his grandmas magic bullet once, he then went out to purchase his own. Worked pretty good.

14. IT doesn't sound like a good idea. You would likely lose many of the trichomes to beings stuck inside the blender, and the weed would be so scattered you would probably lose some of that too

Just use a grinder or scissors

15. Do not use a blender, thats a bad idea you will pulverize the weed into dust and probably lose alot that way, unless you chopping up ounces at a time a would not recomend it.

16. #16 Storm Crow, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    Blenders can easily pulverize the weed into dust- too fine for smoking, but which can be used for baking! ;) I use my trim like that because my hubby gets better pain relief from edibles.

Unless you have one of those little mini-tops for your blender, blenders will lose you a lot of trichs. :(

A slower, but better, choice for flaking your pot, is that big wire mesh strainer in your kitchen. Just let your pot sit out and get dry, then rub it through! Any stems, or seeds, are left in the strainer, while nicely flaked pot falls into a waiting bowl or plate. Put your flaked pot into a glass jar and add a few drops of water, or wine, to rehydrate it. :smoking:

Granny :wave:

17. Its time to call that blendtec guy

"Will it blend? That is the question. Today we have a fat nug...."

18. Hi All. I wonder if your blender is durable and easy to operate?