Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cutting ties

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MedicalManOR, Sep 17, 2012.

1. #1 MedicalManOR, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    So I came to the conclusion today, that i'm going to stop for a little bit. (yes I know) and one of my good friends who I hang out with pretty regularly, lets call him "Greg", smokes like non other. I introduced him to weed right after high school, and ever since I got him to smoke he it hasn't stopped, and we smoked alot....which is fine, but I can't kick it with someone who smokes like if im quitting like that you know?

The thing is, I know greg is a good person, he's going through some stuff, but this friendsship seems entirely based on the marijuana aspect.
    I got a job 7 months after he did when I was in a rut/broke as a joke, and now i'm the one that has a bunch of money saved, and he's actually still getting fronts and owing people, til this day.. He was talking this big game like he was going to start savings "stacks" but that never happened. He didn't seemed too thrilled when I told him i'm putting the bud down for awhile...maybe cus of my illadelph? im sure he likes it..
    Where im getting at is, I told him i was going to turn this negative situation into something positive by putting down the bud for a while. And he seemed a little caught off guard even on text. WHY? Is it because im maturing and he's stuck? I feel like I should move on in a way, we really never hang out if we're sober.

The funny part is, when I told him I was done smoking for a while, later in the convo he was like 'im getting some hella dank pineapple, you should smoke a couple bowls it wont hurt/" WTF.seriously..what does that say?? I JUST said I was trying to quit!!!
    I just wanted to hear some opinions from some respectable people, if you have any questions just ask me
    :confused:

2. Don't let somebody influence what you do in life.

3. If he's a real friend you can hang out without smoking together and do other things. He doesn't sound like a true friend though

4. He's just going to miss his good smoking bud. I would be a bit bummed out if my best friend was going to stop smoking for a bit, but I myself would totally understand that and respect it. I wouldn't stop hanging around with him though if he is a good friend. When I stop for whatever reason, I'll still hang around with my bro just because he is my friend, and personally I like being around marijuana even if I'm not partoking.

5. [quote name='"Javarius Reptar"']Don't let somebody influence what you do in life.[/quote]

+1

Not everyone will understand why and some may jump to conclusions. Which usually they will be wrong and it's more that they like the sound of their own voice.

Good on you for pulling the pin and doing what's right for yourself.

6. Just curious, why do you think he isn't a true friend per say?

7. You guys are exactly right, thank you for the responses-I appreciate the feedback. I think he confides in me alot, and the weed is what is keep this friendship bonded. I know he is a good person, but if we can't chill sober together too often- then thats just sad I guess.

8. You made him sound like he only wanted to smoke with you, like when he told you he had bud to smoke over text even though you told him you were taking a break.
    I could be completely wrong, i don't know either of you in real life, thats just the vibe i got from what i read.

But anyway, good luck man. hopefully you guys are good friends and can do other cool shit when yous guys hang out. :)