cutting off the terminal buds

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by idreamofweed1, May 20, 2008.

1. okay so i was talking to my buddy this weekend and he pointed out that the terminal buds of my babies will need to be clipped off or something so it produces more leaves on the top side but i dont wanna damage the plant or anything so do any of you guys have advise to help me out here?

2. what do you mean by terminal bud sites?

3. the top of the baby plant where new leaves seem to be coming out with about 4 leaves out already i dont really know if he's just an idiot and will end up killing my plant or if he's right though lol

4. Hey what good. Are they "buds" or leaves? If they are leaves you wouldnt cut them unless "you" want to top them. And if there buds deff. dont cut them untill there mature. But yes if you top them like I think your budy is saying than it can make more bud sites later if it turns out female. -peace nig

5. yeah your buddy sounds like a idiot :(

6. Sounds kinda like he is suggesting topping the plants. That is acceptable if you want to do it to force multiple tops and more branching.

7. Uhhh son. What she said. I top some of mine and leave some to grow on there own, to see what I think works best for this year.