Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

cutting off leaves to let light i hmmm!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by connie, Aug 26, 2007.

1. so my plants r flowering and for my first time i have to say i think iv done well the only problem is they have got that big now that the buds r hardly getting any light at all so do i take away the leaves that r shadowing the buds and give them every chance of a little sunshine or will that harm the plant any help would be greatly received what do you think
    :confused::confused::confused: oh ment to say im doing it hydro

2. i agree i need to know about this cos im not budding yet but the under leafs aint getting enuff lite any info ppl plz help us both
    Reedy mc

3. yes

def remove fan leaves to give buds more light.

I remove all fan leaves that catch light that could be gotten by other parts of the plant.

the buds should be green at this point with leaves of their own, which are most likely darker in color, meaning they have more of a use for sunlight.

4. i DISAGREE LEAVES ARELIGHT CATCHERS AND SHOULD ONLY BE TUCKED NOT CUT..I SAY YOUR PLANT IS GETTING LESS LIGHT ENERGY THE ABSORBERS ARE GONE!!IMO:smoke::smoke:

5. I would avoid pruning or other stress factors while flowering. I do prune lightly during veg but I prefer to tuck/tie leaves out of the way and utilize LST to maximize the plant's exposure to the light.

6. Nahh dude, dont cut any leaves off. The leaves are the things that absorb light energy in order to produce big, healthy buds. If ur worried about letting the leaves/buds get light i would suggest hanging/mounting some CFL's in and around your plant. Do you have any pic's? that would help

7. Tuck n' tie as first options.