cutting off a friend to quit

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KLOUD9NINE, Apr 4, 2014.

1. One of my last few remaining friends from high school, only hangs out with me when we smoke and the funny thing about it is we always smoke his weed (i rarely buy weed and have only bought it 4 times in the past year) its the backwards version of the classic "my friend uses me for weed" scenario. back in high school i was a pothead but its gotten old and in retrospect i realize the negativity it's had on my life,i never really seek out weed but when someone is around me smoking i have trouble controlling myself

i have told him a few times that i was planning to quit and when i do he coincidentally doesn't contact me like he usually would

-when ever we do hang out he has to smoke, and we just sit there in his car, any attempt to initiate a conversation fails,he then gets fast food and the only sound in the car becomes munching and the sound of a paper bag being searched like its a treasure box. i cant believe i feel like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh8GbPnoqCI

-hes a decent guy, goes to work and college but outside of that he seems to have no hobbies or interests besides smoking weed

2. Make new friends

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Whats wrong with smoking as a hobby?

4. If smoking a lot as had a negative impact on your life (I'm assuming you started getting groggy and what not cause I've gone through that phase a couple times), that's fine. But there's nothing wrong with smoking occasionally, even if you don't smoke a lot. It's obviously not a health issue, and if it's the grogginess, then just smoke at night sometimes. Or not, it's up to you.
    That being said, if you and your "friend" can't even have a conversation then I wouldn't necessarily call you guys friends. That probably means you guys don't have similar interests to talk about.

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

work+college=no time for hobbies in most people lives...
    all he wanted was a buddy to relax with, like the hillbillies of the midwest that like to chug down a 6pack after work with the guys...but you act like he is bothering YOU.   I wouldn't want to be around you either...mof...I'm outa here.

6. I agree 100% with school and work normally I only have time to hang out with friends a couple of times a week, if that, and when I do I am not focusing on school or work which is pretty much the only time I get high! So thats when I smoke because I can't concentrate on school and other things whole high its just for a relaxing good time.

7. lol you're on a weed forum

8. I don't think the problem here is your friend, but rather your close mindedness to curtailing your desires.  You don't have to give into your cravings and smoke, that is completely your choice, just like it is his choice to smoke as a hobby.  Some people are really social smokers and don't typically smoke by themselves, and he just wants someone to chill with and smoke around, and he's nice enough to smoke you up time and time again, which even if you don't want it, it's still nice on his part because you hadn't objected to it.  If anything, just tell him how you feel, I'm sure he'd more than understand.

What I am saying is, if he's generally a good person, you like hanging out with him, and the only thing you don't like about him is his smoking habits, then you need to reevaluate the situation.  You can live in your perspective and he can live in his and that can be that, there's no unwritten rule that you have to do the same thing as he is when you're hanging out.