Cutting for clones "AFTER" Pre-sexing Plants??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nhat Le, Mar 20, 2011.

1. #1 Nhat Le, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    Is it possible to pre-sex them first.. then once showing their genitals I can revert them to veg (now knowing which is female) and THEN cut for clones?

I find this way to be more productive with limited space.. I'm just not sure if doing this would harm or kill the plants..

Also.. I find doing the traditional cloning method involves too much work.. having to cut.. label them individually, then wait for the parents to show their sex to determined which clones is accepted and discard the rest etc.. :eek:

Anyways.. what's your suggestion?

2. That is a very long long way to do things, ive heard and seen posts about it taking up to 2 months to revert back to veg. Better off taking a clone and then sexing the clone.

Also alot less stress.

Its about 20 minutes work, for 4 cuttings here.

Cut a little longer than you plant too, get rid of excess leaf (i believe better to have more than less in my cloning experience, i like 4 nodes of leaf - trim rest. (Make sure you have cloning gel in separate container - as to not contaminate) make your 45 degree cut at the right length, then dip remove excessive gel(to much where i am causes stem rot.)

Place into medium - into tray, lid on tray (If medium was just soaked, no need to mist.)

Every day take tray and place next to a fan or on a desk under ceiling fan for roughly 10 minutes, then (pre-pump misting bottle so you have a good mist) mist the cuttings once, and mist the dome once, place back under lights.

And after about 1.5 weeks my medium is drying out so i give them a little water as well - but not much cause i want the roots to search for more moisture.

Best of luck man.

If its your first time taking cuttings, take as many as you can, and mix it up a little(not sure how much to mist a clone take 2 of 5 and mist them once, and the rest 3 times etc.) Also dont take more than 30% of the plants mass in cuttings.

3. There is nothing productive about sexing a mother then re vegging.

4. So once the plants in flowering mod (just show a couple female hairs) it's takes 1+ months to go back re-veg?? :eek:

5. #5 Kronny, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    Heres what your going to want to do
    1.Grow healthy seedling.
    2.Take clipping from seedling, put in medium or a shot glass of water.
    3.Place clipping on 12/12 light schedule, in about two weeks it will show sex.
    4.Now you know the sex of the seedling(momma if female)(dead if male)!!
    Note: No it doesn't need roots to show sex, it will also take for ever to go back to veg. More for sex determining than cloning method, it will root though.

6. I would never do it. Way to hard on the plants. Stressed out to say the least, if they live at all.