Cutting fan leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by King Of Kronic, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Is it ok to cut some big fan leaves off if they are blocking some parts of the plant where bud will form?

2. If you're already flowering don't bother. Most of the energy that's used to grow buds will try to fix the cuts made by taking the fan leaves off.

Only take off dead fan leaves.

3. u can tie back, tuck, or trim parts of the leaves that are blocking light, but dont remove the fan leaves, they act like solar panals, collecting light & co2, & turning it into energy.

4. Yeah, its one of those age old questions that still have very good growers on both sides of the fence. Should we remove fan leaves to get light on bud lights??

I say usually no but sometimes yes....um that didnt help at all did it? Sorry!

5. I think about this question a lot too. my buds get much larger when exposed to light, but cutting enough fan leafs to expose them to light reduces overall photosynth. and cant be good..

to cut or not to cut...

my solution?

Harvest in stages, harvest the top portion of the plant (cutting out all plant material that feeds your finished buds) and let the under developed buds have light for a week or two to fill out.

only issue with that is end of flower flushing...

so yeah.. hope that helps (haha )