Cut roots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Drcberk, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Long story short I have a couple plants that the roots were cut almost entirely. Theres just a little nub left. These plants are outdoors over 4 feet tall and about 1 month away from flowering. How can I regenerate the roots. Please help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you're able to replant it...

Cut off a couple of the bottom fan leaves, throw some rooting hormone on it and pray to Cheebus.
    (Bury the stem up to the point where you put the rooting hormone on)

That's quite a big plant with very little root system right now though, there is a chance it would die.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clearly. I do however want to skip that part. If I wasnt clear, I'm looking for a solution not a reframe of what I already know

4. Sorry my page loaded screwy and I didnt get anything but your last sentence

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. if theres no root and just a little nub left and its 4FT tall flowering no way will it survive ,if it does it'l be a miracal ..but try saving it ya never know ,,but i really dont fancy betting on it ...mac.

6. Oh, I'm sorry your old 4 footer is gonna die.

Good luck.

7. Dude, I didnt see your post. I'm probably cranky. As you can see, I'm in danger of losing some precious time and money

8. Valid, but that is literally the only option besides digging the soil up and putting root loving nutes in.

Either way, as I said. Good luck.

Did you chop the root ball when you transplanted or something?

9. A miserable combination of many factors including but not limited to devastating / improbable wind gusts and improperly preparing the soils for sufficient root growth.