Cut or not cut!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gabriel de fari, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Hey guys im growing Blueberry from Dutch Passion "masters at work" Amsterdam seed co.

I had two sativas in the same conditions, but pulled them when they preflowered. the female did not get polinized.

I planted them on the 15th of march, and set them to flower in early may (early, I know, but they grew really fast and I was running out of space since the closet is only around 2 meters tall, (1.6 m minus the lights).

9 weeks into flowering they look like this, although have almost no smell (unless i touch the buds). The two pre-flowering males smelled more potent than this female does now in 9 weeks of flowering.
    i used a 250 W sodium HPS lamp which i set up after week six of flowering on 360 watts of yellow (3700k) CFL lights. now I have a combination of both.]

I asked earlier about the smell (3 weeks into flowering) and some people told me this strand doesnt smell much until it's cured and dried.

I was thinking I should cut it tomorrow, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. oh the CFL's combined gave out 18,000 lumens for a space of half a meter squared. now the room is at around 28,000 lumens.

3. Looks like it hermied i see alot of bananas poking out everywhere so i would expect alot of seeds

4. you sure they hermied? there are red hairs coming out of all the balls. are they not swelled calyxes?
    fuck.

5. that is a hermie... same thing ive experienced from dutch passion blueberry and strawberry cough.

the sacks you are describing are calyxes but the male stamen are what pollinated it. the pistils are brown...a very good sign that its pollinated.

all hermies dont have the "traditional" male pollen sacks.. feminized hermies most of the time have just a few stamen sticking out like yours does. with feminized seeds you have a slight risk of running into this. and if its a genetic hermie, all clones will do the same thing.. and all the seeds will produce hermies. does it smell kinda funky? not like bud?

the red circles are male stamen...bananas
    and the blue circle is a calyx with a seed in it(from the looks of it)
    [​IMG]

6. yeah definately smells funky, and has been for a while, since week 3 in flowering

7. in fact, it never smelled much at all, in veg i couldnt smell anything at all

8. yeh i had the same funky smell that started around week 3 or 4. tastes absolutely terrible. i wouldnt recommend smoking, but you could try it if you want. i ended up making them into hash and making edibles out of them.

9. so i should definately cut tonight. and not let any more of the red hairs get pulled in by the newly forming seeds

10. in my experience, vegging plants don't smell very much at all.

11. you can let it go as long as you want. or cut it early. if you have other plants id suggest cutting it but move it out of the space carefully. so your not shaking the shitty pollen everywhere. id personally cut now, kill any clones of it, if you have any, and start over. and use the shitty bud for edibles or hash.

vegging plants dont usually smell too bad.. some strains will smell pretty strong in veg though. when ive seen these kind of hermies they smell really funky.. hard to describe the smell but it is nothing like any bud ive ever smelled. a friend that i was going to give my bud away to said it tasted like a beef roast and burned carrots lol he didnt even want it..

12. Cut or not cut!?!?!?
    ---
    Me or the plant? :D

13. Yea looks like you are going to have seeds. Did you say that you had makes growing. If so kill them. Seeded bud taste shitty.

14. one more question:

genetically, if brother and sister fucked, the babies would be unhealthy.
    now, if a plant fucks itself, does that say the same about its seeds? (id assume so, but to what extent?)
    should i toss the seeds or should i try and plant a few (eventually)?

15. Dude I don't give a flip it's still a nice plant nice growin mate. I would leave it 3 more weeks let the tricomes thicken up and keep the seeds PEaCe

16. I'd try to plant them just to see if they are gentically hermied or if they are feminized seeds. If they are feminized seeds I would save them and continue to grow for basically free. Hopefully it hermied because of stress induction not genetics. Best of luck and I personally wouldn't smoke that I'd make cannabutter and hash oil.

17. you may get a non hermie but its somewhat like making feminized seeds...except for the fact that its genetically a hermie so most seeds will be hermies instead of females. i have a bunch from the blueberry that did the same thing...havent wasted the time to grow some out yet..

usually when those plants do that they only self pollinate..you may find a couple seeds in other plants if they were really close to it though.. its the large pollen SACKS that pollinate the entire room.

there are tons of strains that have been inbreed to create them, doesnt mean they are bad at all.

18. I would make hash out of the hermi buds and bud with seeds. Smoke the rest. Keep the seeds. I think they might be feminized. Do you know the strain?

19. I would say f it and find some new seeds, if you can get some good seed you'll probly never go back and pop those ones, unless you made them on purpose they will most likely be a waste of time compared to starting a new strain, but then again that's just my 2 cents,, no definite way to see the future on them