Cut kola buds and leave small buds growing ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tk86high, Apr 19, 2013.

1. So just like the subject asks , can I cut kola buds off that r ready for harvest and leave the lower buds to keep maturing ?

2. Yes you can.

3. Absolutely bro. That's what I usually do so the lower popcorns can fatten up

4. Yeah cos them popcorn buds just r so small and not worthy but they could be if kola buds were removed lol.

How do u cut them off ? Just cut all the kola buds down at the same time or cut them 1-2 at per day ? Just was wondering what would cause less stress?

Anyhow it is I'm cutting a kola bud off weekly since the 5th week of flowering as I'm out smoke and I've not bought from the streets in years so don't plan on starting now

5. I do two-part harvests every time! It gives the little buds a chance to fatten up! :D

Also another trick is to let your plant get about a foot tall, then gently bend it over so it resembles a tipped over "L" . Having the top shoot at the same level as the side shoots changes the plant's hormones, so that the side shoots "think" that they all have a chance at being the top bud.

And they grow accordingly! I end up with 6 or more side shoots all trying to be the top bud! True, the "bent" buds, individually, do not weigh as much as the single top bud from an "unbent" plant, but I do get 6, or more, of them! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

6. Thanks ,
    How much time in between kola bud harvest and smaller buds ? And do u cut all kola buds at once ?

7. #7 tk86high, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    Bump ^^

8. 4/20 bud cut and ready to be vaporized !

image-1252675484.jpg

9. You can cut all the ripe top colas at once, you do not have to cut a few each day. Let the lower buds ripen for 2-4 more weeks, or until ripe, for a larger harvest.

PW

10. That bud is no place close to ready. You need to manicure more and dry for a week at least.

11. Yeah the whole plant needs another 2 weeks plus few weeks of drying a curing , like I said in the post it was cut as apart of 4/20 smoke up . But thanks for looking out on that one ;-)