Cut a little sample today

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SmokeMB, Sep 12, 2012.

1. The plant isn't ready, but I cut off some of the lower, less dense branches. I'm impatient!!!

image-2588677750.jpg

Purple kush.

2. What's your strain?

3. I am pretty sure it says purple kush there..

I want to know where the genetics are from and what latitude you are at

4. Shit I did not see that. Haha.

5. I got these seeds from a friends who grows mass medical quantities both indoors and out.

Sorry, but I don't give out any location info.

6. Cant wait to see the finish, looks good bud!

7. The more you chop the slower itll finish because its gatta heal itself it takes away from putting all its focus into the bud,itll be worth the wait just let it do its thing.60 days from the first white hair (indica)is a good estamate to start watching the tryclones75-100 for sativa.

8. that bud is looking good

9. Yeah yeah yeah I know all of that. I'm not convinced. In fact, I think taking the energy away from the smaller, lower buds that don't get much light will make my main cola buds fatter. My experience. Diversion of energy. There is nothing really to "heal" since I cut the branches right at the main stem.

10. yea youll be fine with just what you cut off at the bottom tie the plant over so the bottom buds get light than there fatten up also youll get more bud over all rather than thinking the top buds will get that much fatter.

11. This mornings cutting. How's my trim job? Beer bottle for comparison.

image-3630425894.jpg

image-1934165486.jpg

image-1227701073.jpg

12. trim job looks good,, were they main colas you cut?

13. looks lovely mate!! always got to cut a few sample during the season....nice purple color, probably got a great smell too, if those are bottom colas you must be in for a nice treat then this year

14. Looks great man, nice coloring

15. Thanks. The plant had like a few colas, it was topped and got chopped in half by high winds this past summer, so I won't get a whole lot off of it, maybe what you see in the pictures times three. Still a nice early present while my other ladies are still budding :smoking: