custom size grow boxes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sammyy, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Anybody know of any websites that I can order a custom size grow tent? I'm working with like 1foot deep, 6feet tall and 4feet wide. All numbers can be flexible except for the 1 foot deep.
    been thinking of making my own tent because I'm having no luck. If I can't find a tent to with these specs to fit my closet then I'm going to go the grow box route. Probably convert an armoire.

2. Some people will buy pvc pipes/connections and wrap it with panda film. Not too expensive, but can be sized how you like as well, but if you already have furniture to convert, it may be cheaper to continue that route

3. Hey thanks man. I think I may go the pvc/panda film route. Maybe try to find the fabric that most tents have on the outside. What do you tho k of a tent within a tent? Like those pop up closet things for clothes. That way I could go bigger and out the closet while having some sort of discretion. Just wasn't sure about ventilation in a space like that

4. Seems solid... I'd really have to have a solid vision of what you want your final product to look like to really give any ventilation suggestions.

5. I mean how I envision it is a 6x6x3 pop up closet. Usually made of fabric so somewhat breathable. In there some shirts and stuff so it looks normal from the outside as there's a one foot see through area at the top. Then inside a 5X5X2 tent or something along those lines. Most likely gonna run a 400w HID. Not sure how well that paints the picture but that's how I see it now before its actually set up.

6. That should work fine. I have no experience with HID lighting, so if you run into heat/exhaust issues you'll have to ask someone else. I have only run led and cfls so far

7. thanks for the help. I'm fairly certain I'm going to go with the tent inside a tent idea and see how it goes. Maybe look into some leds too