Custom ROOR... [Real or Fake?]

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xCORZILLAx, Aug 29, 2010.

1. #1 xCORZILLAx, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
    So a few people on GC seem to be thinking my buddy's black and white label custom roor (fingerprint label as we declared it) is fake. The headshop we got it from..Hi Times is London's only authentic german roor dealer. Their whole selection of roors are authentic and they even keep fake roor's in the store on display to show people. The owner mike is very friendly and is very assuring of their authenticity and also told us that a few of the headshops in our city do in fact carry fake roor's.......:mad:

The bong is 5mm thick, has a label which looks like a fingerprint, is 45cm tall, 18.8mm joint, has Made in Germany etched in white on the bottomof the base...look for yourself

here it is..... :smoking:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsOK5RGsXz0]YouTube - IMG 0013[/ame]

btw i have hit both a 500 mL blue label straight tube roor as well as a custom icemaster with flame polished emblem, Black and white dotted mouth piece, white crown bowl, and a roor marble and to me this roor feels legit 100%. it has a roor.de poked hole downstem and definity authentic white and black dotted bowl.

Tell me what you guys think :) :wave:

2. Looks pretty damn legit to me, guessing its a 3.2mm?

3. There's no reason to believe that is fake.

4. Still photography would have been much more effective in this instance.

5. didn't have my camera charger at the time and the battery was dead for it. Only thing i could use is my ipod video camera

6. I don't think its 5mm, i think it's 3.2. They put a dot above the joint as the sig on 3.2 pieces. You have that dot. 5mm gets a sig...

7. This is what I thought as well.

8. No way thats fake

9. I'm pretty sure the dot was originally just intended to signify bistable joints. I think it went on more tubes than just 3.2 until recently.

10. Nah that doesn't mean 3.2

Only the blue series just have dots. They used to put it on all their pieces but they just put a sig on the rest nowadays. Customs however are totally different. They do what they feel like.

I have no problem believing that it's a genuine German Roor.

11. thanks guys ^ :wave:

12. I have a thing for colored ice notches and that one is ballin' man. Love the sig too.

13. looks legit, thats a nice piece right there