Custom metal pipes?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by manofonetitle, Feb 2, 2010.

1. So right now I have just a regular glass pipe, and I was thinking, is there anyway to get a custom made metal pipe? I tried searching for some information on the web, but turned up with nothing. Here's what I ultimately want:

A mario themed metal pipe. I drew KIND of what I want it too look like (but it would turn out a lot better):

[​IMG]

Crap drawing, but pretty much, a mario themed metal pipe. I would really like to have one like that and I've only come up with two ideas on what I should do:

1) Try and find someone who would make a custom metal pipe and commission them to make it (this would not really be my first choice considering something like that could be mighty expensive). Or

2) Buy a regular metal pipe (like the one here) and work on it myself.

So my question here is, what should I do? It's only an idea, it's not something I'm really dead set on getting, but what would be the best way to go about it? Is there a shop of some kind that sells custom metal pipes? If not, are there any tips/important info I should know when customizing a metal pipe (i.e. paint, add-ons). Thanks in advance.

2. Lol i love the idea. I'm sure the metalwork and labor involved wouldnt be the cheapest thing to do, might make a fun little project though

3. I'm sure some glass blowers would be able to blow a piece with mario-esque elements if you're not set on metal...

4. That looks like it could be cut out on a cnc mill in no time at all, coloured with some vitreous enamel i think it would be quite markettable, and a pretty good seller actually.

1UP Brother!!!

5. this^^^^ they can blow a glass one so when you try and brag about it people wont bitch that it is metal.................also it will be so much easier to find a blower who would and could do it compared to someone who would work with metal.