Custom LED Grow Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 918AutoGrower, May 6, 2018.

1. It has been a very long time since I’ve posted on this forum..... probably four, maybe five years. Anyway, when I was logging my grow journals back then (on this forum), LED grow Lights were just hitting the market, and they were pricey (that is, if you wanted one that actually grew something). All I could afford was a 100watt LED light from Advanced Platinum LED and I paid just under $400 for it. What a freakin ripoff! Yes, I went through a few successful grows in a small cabinet using that light, but shortly after I purchased that LED light for way too much money, I learned about a representative on this forum, and she worked for an LED grow light manufacturer. She was helping members on this forum order custom grow lights that delivered sufficient PAR for their grow space and # of plants they were going to grow, as well as customize the color spectrum, specify the type and quantity of diodes to be used, and even choose a heat sink and ventilation type.

Is this still happening? I would be really surprised if it was, because it’s so easy and so cheap to pretty much get whatever light you want on eBay or Amazon.

Thanks, guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk