Custom Grow Box Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SuperHashBrothers, Feb 5, 2020.

1. #1 SuperHashBrothers, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Welcome to my grow journal. Not a first time grower but a relative newbie to the world of small grow boxes like this. This is my first run in her with one auto gelato and one auto zkittles.

Enclosure: Custom built grow box hidden in cab
    Lights: Vipar Spectra 450w dimmable
    Medium: Soil in custom caged fabric pot (~2.5 gal) on drawer sliders for easy access
    Control: Trolmaster Hydro X (allows for remote control/monitoring of everything including (lights, exhaust/intake/circulation fans, humidifier + 2 smoke detectors (one in cab, one underneath in the wiring harness))
    Exhaust/Smell: Terrabloom 4" inline fan with carbon filter
    Intake: 2 x AC infinity plate fans
    Circulation: 2 x AC infinity fans
    Humidity: Reptile fogger hidden in dresser next to cab with holes and pipe drilled through to guide humidity where it needs to go

I probably forgot some stuff so feel free to ask. The set up is over the top but I like tinkering, $ wasn't really a concern, and its always been a dream to build a stealth cab even though its not 100% necessary anymore. It's been fun and lots tweaks have been made to get it to this point. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Hopefully she grows some nice ones.

As you'll see by the pictures the lower leaves in particular are yellowing/fading with some blotches. I think the blotches were me accidentally burning the plant with nute water but I'd love some help identifying the yellowing. I suspect its a nitrogen deficiency or a ph issue not allowing proper nitrogen uptake. I watered with ph'd water today then added a bit of 0.5 EC veg nutes to the right plant to see what it does. They were transplanted 1.5 days ago as the box wasn't ready (would have started autos in the final destination otherwise) so I want to give them 3 more days then soak them good and get some PH and EC runoff numbers to narrow it down.

Cheers

2. IMG_2935.jpg IMG_2936.JPG IMG_2937.JPG IMG_2938.JPG IMG_2939.JPG IMG_2940.jpg Day 20
    Day Temp 77
    Night Temp 72
    Humidity 60%
    VPD 0.9-1.2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice setup, I wish mine was like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Thanks, lmk if you have any q's. Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Super cute man - I'm curious where you sourced the ventilation/ lighting system that you've got set up? Looks solid!

Sent from my SM-T837V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Lights, terrabloom fan and ac infinity circulation fans were amazon. Carbon filter was a local hydro store.

7. Didn’t water for 5 days, gave her some light nutes a few days ago but didn’t water too much. They're improving, maybe a little clawing on the new growth. Going to hold off on nutes and water in a few days. IMG_2946.JPG IMG_2948.JPG IMG_2949.JPG