Custom CFL Grow Box | 3erd Grow | Scrog

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Theunderling, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Hey I just wanted to show off the new grow box that I made. Its dimensions are 4' wide, 3' deep and 7' Tall. I have two plants in the box under 10 65 wat CFLs.

Tell me what you think. 

Attached Files:

2. Subbed! Nice setup dude! I'm doing an indoor scrog as well, mine are 2 weeks into seedlings. Check out my grow journal thread, we might learn from each other something! Good luck :)

3. Hey Fresyweed, thanks dude I like what you have going on too. Especially the cool pots you have. 

Anyways for everyone else here is an update on my plants. I have also upgraded the vents near the bottom to one larger one reinforced with cardboard and duct tape. Here are some photos. 

Attached Files:

4. Nice set up.  My only question is, why those lights?

5. Hey OldPothead, I chose those lights for the first time last year. While at Home Deopt I saw they were on sale. I saw that they were in the flowering spectrum and asked a friend if they would grow under it he said maybe an ounce or so per plant if I was lucky. So I bought 5 lights. The cost to run them was only 20$ in Veg state and 12-15 is in flower so they are really cheep to run. I attached some photos of what I was able to do. I ended up using 6 light bulbs in total, (I bought an extra to fill a hole). I grew 4 plants in a 3x4 x 4 and pulled close to 7 OZ out of it. In this new grow box I have added 6 more lights going up to 12 in the box right now. I  also have 4 more to use to fill in holes later during flower. Oh, I also attached some photos of the boxes the bulbs come in.

Attached Files:

6. No bad!  Just wondering.  That is pretty good!  Nice going!

7. I have seen those bulbs at home depot, I think I will get a few just to use at the ends of my light array. OP how long of a life do these bulbs have? cool set up, check out mine.

8. Hi albuquerquegrowcfl, the six that I originally bought have gone through 2 full cycles, and I have only lost 1 bulb. So I would say the lifespan of the bulbs is good. I would also like to point out that you will need to buy a light bulb to plug in adapter they are like a $1.50 and the extension cord was only like $1

Attached Files:

9. Hey everyone here is an update. They are liking the larger pots now. It took em a little while longer than I had thought it should to come back from transplanting. 

Attached Files:

10. Hey everyone, I know its been a while but here is an update from 10 / 26.

Attached Files:

11. Hey everyone, I know its been a while but here is an update from 11 /12.

Attached Files:

12. Hey everyone, I know its been a while but here is an update from 12/20.

Attached Files:

13. #13 Theunderling, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    Hey everyone, I know its been a while but here is an update from 12/31.

The plant on the right may look like I topped it, but i did not. I accidentally read the packaging wrong and game that plant a potassium over dose and almost lost it, when it came out of the hurt it came back with vengeance. It is very dark and smells great, the leaves even have started to frost up a bit.

The plant on the left is much taller than the other and will grow into the scrog soon. 

Both plants have been LST'd with wire that pulls most branches down.

Ill add some more tomorrow, the lights are off now. 

Attached Files:

14. Hey guys here is an update.

Attached Files:

15. Nice little custom setup mate, you could use a trellis net to spread them out even more and create more tops.

16. Hi Grow2dab,

Thanks, that has always been part of the plan. It has about 5 or six more inches to grow before I need to move the lights up, after I do that the trellis net will go in.

17. Hey guys, here is an update and the new kief sifter I made.

Attached Files:

18. neat DIY sifter mate
    :smoke:

19. Just stopped by for a look. Nice way to keep it inexpensive! I tried a CFL/T4 grow in a modded armoire, but didn't really have enough clearance, and some heat problems. Just started a new grow, and have a proper tent and LED's on the way. I'll use the armoire for starting out and vegging, working into a perpetual grow. Which strains are you growing?

20. Hey everyone. Time for an update. So a couple weeks ago I added some seeds to the grow room these are sunset limited and came rom a plant a friend grew that he started from seed he got from a bank and was crossed with something in the area around his house. Anyways I have topped my seeds and the rest is growing into the screen I added. I also have created a cloning box to get ready for my next grow. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013560.358911.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013573.757617.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013585.491672.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013596.026231.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013606.860750.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013618.128005.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392013631.327606.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum