Custom Blown VS. Scientific

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by HeadyGlassLover, Aug 15, 2012.

1. What's everyone's preference. If you've got a nice heady piece, I'd love to see a pic. I've recently watched a Documentary called "Degenerate art". It's all about the underground society of pipe blowing. It really made me look at pieces a bit different.

What's in everyone's collection!? Do you prefer custom pieces or scientific glass pieces!?

2. Scientific Glass here

3. I'm getting tore up either way, I think I'm leaning towards something that looks awesome... IMO.

4. My bc it's the best.

I also have a bc ashcatcher but it's dirty as shit right now so I'm not taking a pic :p

Attached Files:

5. Thats a really cool piece

6. #6 redechelon, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I see the benefits of both. Scientific glass can be quality, affordable, functional glass... but I'd always prefer it be a piece of heady art... just can't always afford it =]

7. Custom scientific :p

8. Where do i find this documentary?

9. [quote name='"AlwaysDizzy"']Where do i find this documentary?[/quote]

It's SO hard to find. I found it on Amazon rentals. It's WELL worth the rental free. It was in the 2012 amateur film festival. Makes you appreciate the pieces more.

10. [quote name='"redechelon"']I see the benefits of both. Scientific glass can be quality, affordable, functional glass... but I'd always prefer it be a piece of heady art... just can't always afford it =][/quote]

Welcome to my world.

11. [quote name='"Ajd0003"']My bc it's the best.

I also have a bc ashcatcher but it's dirty as shit right now so I'm not taking a pic :p[/quote]

This piece is nice af. Best of both worlds.

12. Best of both worlds! haha

Personally I would get one scientific piece for my daily driver and then some heady glass just to look at haha.

Some pics of some of Arik Krunk's pieces. His work is definitely some of the best and personally his Chaos style is my favorite style.

None of these pieces are mine. I just found them on the internet :(

Attached Files:

13. you can get the movie on DVD now...a certain store that only carries high priority stuff just got them in...

custom blown all the way...the only scientific piece i would even think about getting would be a sovereignty..

i can stare at headies all day...clean or dirty...but i can only appreciate a clean scientific piece for a few hits till it looks all ugly...plus they all look the same..

if you cant afford a heady piece...try getting a high end piece like one of Lurch's lurchlings..you can always switch out the downstem to a stemline downstem or w/e your preference is...