cushioning the fall of the stock market?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GillyTHEkid, Jan 17, 2012.

1. sup blades, im pretty sure this is my first post in here ever cuz i dont pay attention to politics too much but i have a hypothetical theory in mind.

its gotta do with the failing economy, the stock market, and the people who own stocks.

ima do a lil backround story before i get started (excuse me im a history major).

as we all well know the stock market crashed during the 1900's and that caused the great depression. but i wanna focus on one aspect of it specifically. it is also well known that when the stock market took a huge hit, the results of everyone who owned stocks, withdrawing all their money made the stocks just completely crash.

what my proposal is... what if everyone left their stocks in and took one for the team?

wouldn't that at least cushion the blow of the decimating stocks because there some money in the system.

depending on the answers i get, they will determine what my next question will be.

thanks in advance :smoke:

2. The elite that promote the fear mongering do it in a fashion to where your scenario will not come true. They know the sheep of the nation are easily scared and they will use that to their advantage.

3. im not asking if it can come true, im asking will it work if were to become possible in some way.

4. ...

no

5. in a perfect world the stock market serves as a barometer for whats going on. either way in todays world a stock market crash would not be a big enough deal to tank the economy. not even close. the reason the market would crash though, is if things keep getting worse.

6. a decreasing dollar is actually a great thing for the market, ironically :p

7. might as well ask if a monkey can fly out of your butt then...