Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

curse of the white lighter

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by A87, Apr 28, 2011.

1. so, i'm sure most of you have heard of this myth. that white lighters are cursed, because various celebrities have died while supposedly having a white lighter (for example Kurt Cobian).

does anyone actually believe this, or have experiences to back it up?

personally i don't buy into this kind of thing. i've had a white lighter for the past month and i've been fine.

sorry if this is a repost

2. nah its all fake

3. It's not cursed.

4. There is no curse.

The legend got started because potheads were always getting busted when they had white lighters. Why was this? Its quite simple

Some pack the bowl with their lighter, leaving residue. Black shows up very well on white. Cops are trained to look for clues like this.

5. IF you believe something like that then gtfo of this website you're not old enough to post here yet

6. ahhhhh wow interesting. i wouldn't have thought of that. myth has been busted

7. I don't believe it but I don't buy them so yea I've probably been brainwashed lol

8. I know that it's not cursed, but I still stay away from them. :p There's nothing wrong with a bit of superstition. Gives me and my friends a laugh occasionally.

9. Do you know that for a fact? Or is it just a theory?

Either way its awesome cuz i never thought of it that way b4

10. I didn't believe it until I read my police report. Under evidence taken from me was 1.1 grams of bud, pipe, grinder, and a white lighter. Haven't touched one since.

11. a few years back a family friend was shot in the chest(in a random shooting).. the bullet went right through a white lighter in is shirt pocket.

not saying i believe in superstition or that this is proof. but its a pretty strange coincidence

12. white lighters make me higher :p

13. I know a few cops

14. Chill, :smoke:

But in my opinion it's just superstition. Up to you if you wanna believe it

15. this legend is true

16. They should do a mythbusters of this! Is the curse of the white lighter fact or busted??

17. idk it may be true because ive been caught before and it was with a white lighter, i knew about the legend before that happened than and now i believe because it was my first time getting caught. never bought a white lighter since

18. Myth has NOT been busted. All bic lighter are white underneath!
    Kurt Kobain's lighter was yellow, and other celebrities that are claimed to have died with a white lighter actually had other colors.

I heard a shitload of stories of people getting caught with white lighters, it's kinda scary how many!
    This might be caused by several other reasons which can be debated.
    On the other hand, some people love white lighters because you can see the fluid in them easier so you know how much you have left.
    Personally, I like to avoid them tho, they're ugly anyway.

-from a guy who read all about the curse of the white lighter

19. The myth has been busted. Read my post

20. I pack my bowls with the bottom of my lighter, not the side. and they're all white on the bottom. I don't see why the side of the lighter would make a difference, hence idk if this really is the way this myth started.
    You might be right but who knows? ;)

Basically it's all superstition, but a lot of things people believe in are based on superstition. :wave: