Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Curring addiction with marijuana.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rosemount, Apr 29, 2012.

1. What I wondering is if it'll work or no. Like getting rid of caffeine addiction, and how to go about doing so, like stay high all day or just take a hit when I need to. Plus staying active during the time to.

2. Why would you wanna do something like this and destroy a budding future ?

3. Do what to destroy a budding future.

4. cAffeine addiction is hell. i wish you the best of luck.

5. can you be like fiend status addicted to caffeine? anyone in history to blow a dude for a cup of coffee or a red bull?

6. Hello there fellow Minnesotan!!

I haven't necessarily used MJ to cure an addiction, but I'll have to say, it's helped. I used to be addicted to heroin. Really bad shit, man. I didn't smoke weed as a substitute, but it sure did help the withdrawals...coming off H is bad news. Pretty much all I could do was lay on the couch, my whole body in pain, terrible nausea and diarrhea, tremors, cold sweats...fuck! When heroin stopped being fun, I was pretty much just doing it to avoid going through the withdrawals. I would've had a MUCH harder time without weed. The withdrawal symptoms didn't completely go away, but they were manageable enough to where I could walk around without puking.

A caffeine addiction should be easy to overcome. Sure, try smoking weed if you think it'll help. Might help with the agitation and headaches that are associated with caffeine withdrawal. Marijuana won't cure it, but it will allow you to have an easier time dealing with it.

7. Cannabis has a long history as a way to quit other drugs-

The Use of Indian Hemp in the Treatment of Chronic Chloral and Chronic Opium Poisoning (1889) http://www.onlinepot.org/medical/Dr_Tods_PDFs/s3_2.pdf

Some news articles on quitting various drugs-

Go clean with spliffs (news - 2001)
    [FONT=&quot]Sign in to read: Go clean with spliffs - 13 October 2001 - New Scientist[/FONT]

Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol decreases somatic and motivational manifestations of nicotine withdrawal in mice. (abst - 2004)
    Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol decreases somatic... [Eur J Neurosci. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Curing Addiction With Cannabis Medicines? (news - 2008)
    [FONT=&quot]Curing Addiction With Cannabis Medicines?[/FONT]

Cannabis as a substitute for alcohol and other drugs. (full - 2009)
    Cannabis as a substitute for alcohol and other drugs

Oaklanders Quitting Oxycontin with Cannabis (news - 2010)
    Oaklanders Quitting Oxycontin with Cannabis | Legalization Nation

Marijuana To Control Alcohol Abuse (news - 2010)
    Marijuana To Control Alcohol Abuse | Psych Central News

Marijuana could be an “exit drug” (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana could be an[/FONT]

Granny :wave:

8. granny you are awesome. I wanna smoke with you.

9. #9 Rosemount, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    I don't go into fiend mode for it but with out it ill start stuff with just about any one I see over the smallest stuff they do. I meen use it just to calm my self and headaches and that. Thanks for the additional links granny.
    @roostaphant congrats man on getting off that shit, I have a friend who is a junior in highschool that's been to rehab twice for H. He finally kicked it to.

10. Just remember: while marijuana isn't addictive, it can be habit forming, and you can become somewhat mildly dependent on it. If I go without smoking for a day, I might be on edge a little more than usual.

That being said, it's been proven that caffeine is far more addictive than marijuana, so yeah...

11. [quote name='"roostaphant"']Just remember: while marijuana isn't addictive, it can be habit forming, and you can become somewhat mildly dependent on it. If I go without smoking for a day, I might be on edge a little more than usual.

That being said, it's been proven that caffeine is far more addictive than marijuana, so yeah...[/quote]

Ya I understand that part about habit forming, I haven't smoke for 2 weeks, I'm waiting on court day, but first week was not very fun I just slept a lot and barely ate. Plus the vivid dreams came in and they were lucid, actually learned some stuff from the dreams.

12. Just cut back on caffein. If you drink 5 cups a day do 3 or 4 tomorrow. Then go down to one cup a day. I used to drink almost a pot a day. Now I'll just drink a 16 oz cup a day.

13. [quote name='"jackstraw419"']Just cut back on caffein. If you drink 5 cups a day do 3 or 4 tomorrow. Then go down to one cup a day. I used to drink almost a pot a day. Now I'll just drink a 16 oz cup a day.[/quote]

I hate coffee so much I drink monster like water, that's another reason I want to quit there unhealthy and expensive.

14. I would love my parents to have a conversation with Granny

15. Caffeine is an upper. Weed is a hallucinogen. You can't substitute them.

But that's all theoretic, practically it could work as in it will maybe keep your mind of caffeine (?). I personally don't drink coffee so don't know what a caffeine addiction feels like.

16. Weed definitely doesn't help my addiction to sugar/candy. It makes it about 6,000x worse.

If I'm home, high, and have candy, it's a fucking wrap.

17. #17 Storm Crow, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    fitftw, you are right, cannabis makes you taste sweets like you did when you were a kid! :D

Endocannabinoid hedonic hotspot for sensory pleasure: anandamide in nucleus accumbens shell enhances 'liking' of a sweet reward. (full – 2007) Neuropsychopharmacology - Endocannabinoid Hedonic Hotspot for Sensory Pleasure: Anandamide in Nucleus Accumbens Shell Enhances /`Liking/' of a Sweet Reward

Endocannabinoids selectively enhance sweet taste (full - 2009)
    Endocannabinoids selectively enhance sweet taste

Enhanced Sweet Taste: Endocannabinoids Act Directly on Tongue Taste Receptors (news - 2009) Enhanced sweet taste: Endocannabinoids act directly on tongue taste receptors

Chemicals in pot stimulate tongue receptors to taste sweetness. (news - 2009)
    Chemicals in pot stimulate tongue receptors to taste sweetness. - Free Online Library

Enhanced sweet taste: This is your tongue on pot (news – 2009)
    Enhanced sweet taste: This is your tongue on pot

Modulation of sweet taste sensitivity by orexigenic and anorexigenic factors.
    (full – 2010) http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/endocrj/57/6/467/_pdf

Reciprocal modulation of sweet taste by leptin and endocannabinoids. (abst – 2010)
    Reciprocal modulation of sweet tas... [Results Probl Cell Differ. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Endocannabinoid Modulation Of Tongue Sweet Taste Receptors May Help Control Feeding Behavior (news – 2010) Endocannabinoid Modulation Of Tongue Sweet Taste Receptors May Help Control Feeding Behavior

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Try some fresh fruit to satisfy the sweet craving! A perfectly ripe strawberry or peach is almost orgasmic when you're stoned! :D

Granny :wave:

18. It's weird I almost never crave sweets when I smoke. I chow down on carrots and chips