currently seting up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cassandra, May 18, 2006.

1. hi guys,

I am setting up my room, and I would like to know how much space should be allocated to a fully gorwn plant, ready for harvets,

cheers
    cassandra

• Like Like x 1
  2. You need 1sq foot per plant. The height depends on if you want if tall or short. But usually for 1 plant you would make a box thats 1ft wide x1ft deep x 4-6ft high .

• Like Like x 1
  3. BAGZ, we do appreciate your eagerness to help out, and for the most part you do a good job, but please wait until you have some real experience before offering advice to others. I'm not trying to be rude and I'm definitely not flaming you. I really do like that you are willing to help others, but from many of your answers, it is apparent that you haven't been growing much. Since you are a newer grower, the most valuable help you can offer others is through your own mistakes. When we start off growing (or for us old-timers, when we try something new) we often make mistakes from which we learn something and can then pass on those lessons we’ve learned to others.

Anyway, I'd still like to give +REP for always trying.

Cassandra, it will depend on the type of plant you plan to grow and which, if any, special methods of growing you plan on doing.

Soil v. hydro have different spacing requirements. SOG, SCROG, and LST all have different space requirements.

If you could give us some more details of what strain of plant(s) and how you plan to grow them, there are many of us that would be happy to help out.

4. thanks guys for your help. I havent reched the point where i have selected a type of plant yet. When. When I have reched that point I will put it to the forum.

Once again thank-you for your advise

love cassandra

5. just let us know. even within the same strain, it will depend on how you want to grow it.

If you just wanted to grow a thin, very tall plant, then BAGZ's way may work for you. If you want to LST, then you'll need some more room in your horizontal plane. When you have the info, let us know, and we'll be happy to help.

6. For a few small plants, about the area that a dresser takes up (the kind that are tall, not wide). I also think 1 sq foot per plant is a bit small unless you're doing some SOG or something. Even 2 or 3 foot tall plants need more side space than that, but that's just IMO.

7. thanks guys for your help. I havent reched the point where i have selected a type of plant yet. When. When I have reched that point I will put it to the forum.

Once again thank-you for your advise

love cassandra