Current first grow questions and advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Joedirt4, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Hope everyone is doing good today, thanks for checking out my post any thoughts and or ideas are appreciated.

Genetics

• This is my first ever grow. The plant on the left is feminized God’s Glue, from the ministry cannabis and the plant on the right is unknown. (It is female) Currently I’m day 60 from planting the seed and now day 7 from flipping my light schedule to 12/12. Things have gone good for the most part, have encountered a cal deficiency and some N deficiency. I’ve done my best to watch and take care of any problems I see.

Medium & nutrients

• I’m using ocean forest with probably about 15-20% worm castings. I’m using a wide variety of fox farm nutrients and using real growers recharge as well as cal-mag. I water when dry rotating nutes and water and throwing recharge in once a week. I do try my best and PH my nutes.

Lighting

• I’ve running 2 cheap full spectrum Amazon light that put out roughly 100 watts each. And they seemed to have worked well in veg, which I only used one light for. Now for flower I’ve a duplicate light. I’ve been warned the spectrum in not well suited for flower…but how much would I benefit if I were to upgrade or am I better off just sticking with these.
    upload_2022-1-25_23-38-52.png

Environment

• My tent is roughly 2.5x2.5x5.5 feet. I use a small humidifier in the tent. A box fan outside the tent pushing air in, and an oscillating fan in the tent that forces air up. Tent stayed around 78-81° and 60% rh in veg. Now that I’ve added another light my temps have increased 85°+. So I rigged up some duct running from my window into the tent and it dropped it down to 75° with lights on and about 60° with light out. (Rh is good) Current climate is real cold, 11:30 pm it’s 3° outside. Is this setup okay will the cold air be too cold?? I feel like if the tent says the environment is 60° it should be fine.
    upload_2022-1-25_23-39-25.jpeg

Plants

upload_2022-1-25_23-39-56.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-25_23-40-8.jpeg
    upload_2022-1-25_23-40-20.jpeg

If you made it this far, you fukin rock! How does my grow look?? Any comments, questions, or suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Honestly everything looks pretty good man, well done. I would say those plants are a bit stretched, with large gaps between the nodes. Could be due to the light not being intense enough during veg.

Keep those lights up full blast and about 12-14" off the canopy. This will hopefully keep the stretching down as much as possible as you're already running out of room.

200w at the wall is good for your tent size. I use 150w in a 2x2 and it kills it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maybe you should put the cold air intake on the bottom of the tent, and I agree with evilsurfer,lower the lights

• Like Like x 1
  4. You are probably going to run out of room. I dont know what your doing with your ducting thing there but you need to get a proper exhaust system going in the tent. Simply running the bathroom fan will create enough negative pressure in your house to pull a ton of outside air through that duct and freeze your crop.

You are definitely going to end up getting a taller tent.