current culture RDWC 1000w scrog (first grow ever)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GunRuKushman, May 22, 2012.

1. #1 GunRuKushman, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
    Whats up guys!!
    Brand new to the site, i figured id let you guys take a look a my first grow. I started my journal a little late but better late then never, right? Im open for advice and look forward to seeing how this goes!! My goal weight is the infamous gram per watt! Lets go!!

Heres the low down!
    SCROG
    4x4 tent
    1000 WATT HPS
    Reserva Privada og kush
    CCH20 4 site 8 gallon RDWC system
    Exhaust- max fan sucking stank air out tent into can filter on timer 30min on 30min off
    Intake-small fan blowing in bottom opposite wall
    4-clip on fans in each corner
    Co2 running 24/7 @ 2 on regulator
    1/10hp water chiller @ 66f

Im Growing with 100% Advanced Nutrients
    VEG
    Sensi grow A&B
    Voodoo juice
    B52
    Nirvana for foiler feed 1/4 strength

BLOOM
    Connoisseur A&B
    Grand Master level

Im also using neem oil and aza-max for mite prevention

Attached Files:

2. Im @ week 5 in veg today should i go another week??

ForumRunner_20120521_235642.png

ForumRunner_20120521_235707.png

3. Whats up friend? Great looking Scrog you got going already!

I would def go ahead and make the switch, but you see how your plants are pushing your screen up in the middle? You have to get that to even out by moving those budsites around. This kinda grow is actually considered a SOG or Sea of Green because your trellis netting is pretty big. The scrog squares are 2 inch by 2 inch.. no worries though, it looks great!

Once you make the flip to 12/12, let them grow out for a few days and then get back in there and train them again. Since you are running OG Kush, I have heard that the true Kushes don't stretch as much, so you might not need to train all that much. Keep up the good work brotha! I don't mind helping you with any questions that youmight have along the way.. I'm subbed for sure!:smoke:

4. Everybody I ever seen who tried growin' an OG Kush had stretch like crazy after flipping to 12/12 its a notoriously stretchy plant, the reason why there are so many hybrids, people like the smoke, but not the low yields & stretchy growing tendencies.

5. I figured id cut some clones and let it go another week heres what its looking like now

ForumRunner_20120522_164459.png

6. [quote name='"NOOB187"']Everybody I ever seen who tried growin' an OG Kush had stretch like crazy after flipping to 12/12 its a notoriously stretchy plant, the reason why there are so many hybrids, people like the smoke, but not the low yields & stretchy growing tendencies.[/quote]

Oops I reckon I got it backwards bout the stretch.:p So you might have to train a little more .. But that's half the fun anyways...

[quote name='"GunRuKushman"']I figured id cut some clones and let it go another week heres what its looking like now

[/quote]

Looks great bro! You really got it evened out!

I like to wait til my screen is like 60-70% full and then make the switch so it get the screen nice and full. :D

7. Im debating on going 18/6 for this last week before i go to 12/12, i heard that would create less stretch

8. Vegging under 18/6 is what I always do.. the plants really need that downtime. Go ahead and make the switch... I dunno about it affecting the stretch or not though..:confused_2:

9. To prevent stretching I just started giving my plants this stuff called Phosphoload around the second week of flowering. I noticed a big difference! They didn't stretch nearly as much and the flowers seemed to pop faster! I let it feed off it for 4 days and then I flush. The stuff is super expensive but you don't need a whole lot. Doesn't really seem like you skimped on anything anyways. Nice lookin setup!

10. Last days of veg

ForumRunner_20120524_213736.png

11. Been trying to keep the canopy even the best i can. Should i put up another net a few inches above the current one beforeI i switch to 12/12?

ForumRunner_20120524_214128.png

12. Ha thats probably not needed dude.. You should think about going ahead and flipping the switch though.. looks like you are gonna have a full house soon!:eek::D

13. ForumRunner_20120526_013432.png

Had to remove the c02 tank outside the tent!

ForumRunner_20120526_013517.png

14. hey man:wave: lookin good so far . just remember that shits gunna double in size when you flip the switch. i wouldnt run another screen.things may clog up.my hydro store got this garden Velcro in. i got it and am really liking it for organizing my screen. can velcro colas where you want it. good luck! growin can get very addicting. peace

15. Thanks for the advice bro, do you think ill have less stretch in bloom because im running 18/6 for last week of veg?? Switching over to 12/12 tomorrow

16. I also been trying to have one to two (preferably one) top(s) per square. I had to start the plant in the back right a week later because the one prior was so weak. But its now catching up to the others.

I still been using co2 non stop @ 2 on regulator and exhausting into carbon filter for 40min on 20min off. But i think when i start budding im going to have to run it 24/7. I can already i a nice whiff of the og when i get to in the basement steps.

17. ForumRunner_20120527_141114.png

Attached Files:

18. Wow that's alot of nutes you got there bud! How much would you say that you have spent on them so far?

19. Probably about a g including sensi grow a+b taranchula and piranha. I get a nice discount so the prices arent to bad.