Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa.. FUCK YEAH.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Amped, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holy shit... im stoned and im so chill from this music. So trippy. So amazing. Damn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfdbMc_nKk4]YouTube - Curren Ft Wiz Khalifa "Rolling Up" (new music song 2009) + Download[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6KznGG6BI]YouTube - Curren & Wiz Khalifa-The Planes[/ame]

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :smoke:

2. haha bro you're a little late on those :p

3. so? does it really matter how old/new a song is :smoke:

I just came back to listening to this mixtape from when it first came out. I love it maaan

4. the entire how fly is in my top 25 on itunes so that should tell you how much i bump this mixtape. my all time favorite. favorite song is "How Fly" because of how amazing the beat is when it runs off at the end with the bass and the piano..idk how people bitch about beats running on to me it's amazing. It's like they let the beat go bc they know you're smoking/rolling and just wanna vibe for a little bit before the next song.

5. That whole mixtape is sooooo dope man. Bump the whole thing.

Curren$y is sick too. Right now he's better than Wiz imo

Wiz is going all club

6. I think Curren$y is better lyrically, but wiz's songs are so fucking awesome as well :) Wiz has the talent to be as good lyrically as Curren$y though, he just knows he doesn't have to try that much anymore :(!

7. I'm not really that into Wiz, but he def aint bad at all, just personal pref.

If you like Curren$y, I'd listen to the dudes on the JETS, like Trademark and Roddy.

But if I had to recommend another rapper (weed), it would always be Smoke Dza

dude is real good, lyrical (not over doing it), good flow, gets nice beats. Check out George Kush Da Button, and his older stuff of Substance Abuse. Think it fits well with these two, but is just slightly different.

8. The Smoker's Club

currensy, nippsey hussle, big krit, and others main website where they post free music and new songs.

Curren$y is fucking sick, he is so fresh and colorful with his lyrics, he just spits, literally spits out shit about his life and how shit is, and it's dope. He's creative as fuck and never repetitive,

Wiz is literally one of the WORST rappers ever, and everyday HS, college. I literally get a migrane hearing his voice, he fucking sucks. Please if you disagree, do some searching and find GOOD hip hop, not repetitive old shit thrown out so teenagers can bandwagon and support the guys weed addiction.

9. Cremate, I always see you approving of curren$y's music but trashing wiz...excluding wiz's post how fly shit I'd say they are pretty similar. Not really attacking you but just curious, have you heard wiz's older tapes like burn after rolling or flight school? grow season? Wiz's flow and lyrics there are much better than some of his recent shit which is mainly club bangers.

10. Wiz =

- sell out
    - repetitive
    - not supporting real shit
    - knowingly putting out BS to appeal to a demographic of suburban kids college/HS
    - knowingly contributing to fucking up the rap game
    - no lyrical skill, no creativity at all.

Wiz gets more love than curren$y, and curren$y is a real ass dude, he puts out hundreds of QUALITY videos and QUALITY songs a year, VS khalifa's 3 videos and 10 shitty songs. Curren$y is a rapper, he raps, comes up with so many songs, the songs content are so far beyond Khalifa it's incredible...even though they're the same "chill out smoke weed" genre, Curren$y tells more, leaves you with more, shows you his creativity, makes you laugh, teaches you something you didn't know, Wiz literally has NO DECENT LYRICS. AT ALL. On top of that, he can't freestyle, he belongs on celebrity rehab for EXTREME marijuana abuse, not the studio a few times a year,

Post some good / clever wiz khalifa line on here, please

I've heard those, unlike 99% of people (likely you too) i've listened to wiz since 2006 ish, i've seen him change and sell out, and he's just a mess. His last 2 years have been "club bangers" , well being a "club banger" doesn't justify him being all the other shitty things, People who think he has talent, should go listen to Soulja Boy because at least his "club bangers" sound like "club bangers."

11. the first part of this was on point but dont hate bro. i feel where your coming from 110% but the dude has been gettin in for awhile man. he is stackin bread no one is supportin his weed habit. just dont listen to his shit now like i do. i bump prince of the city 2 still sometime tho but i mean if your gettin money why stop???:confused:

12. bro curren$y is hella older and obviously much wiser. Wiz is still young. He is goin thru shit now that he has never experienced. Let that man live in the spotlight and then fall off. Its ok you dont have to be mad.
    you seem just like me and I feel you just dont bump wiz no more simple as that. not tryin to be a dick but just being real

13. Wiz pre Kush&OJ = ftw.

Right now it just seems like he's trying to be every white boys fav rapper.

14. #14 iCremateCanabis, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011

rly???
    :rolleyes:

i guess you didn't get it, the guy quoted and asked why i didn't like him, i'm not mad but jumping to conclusions that you can read emotions from text, and stepping into e-conversations uninvited is going to make you unwanted and disliked.

lol @ "let the man live"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

that is all

15. #15 iregisor, Mar 4, 2011
    People hate to hard. All artists change. Slim Shady LP vs Recovery...

If you like Wiz's old shit listen to his old shit. If you like his new shit, listen to his new shit. If you don't like it, don't like it and let the people that do enjoy it, enjoy it. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean it's bad or he's a sell out. People just like to bitch and hate.

Cabin Fever was alright but you can tell it was just to get his name rebrought up in the mixtape scene for his album. If you like "real" hip hop go listen to some "real hip hop" then. People enjoy wiz's music and don't want to hear your negative shit.

Wiz and Spitta are both dope. Both of their shit stays playin daily.

And with the sell out bullshit. Kush and OJ was a good tape, showed his versatility. With the recent shit...1.) If black and yellow didn't reach the billboard hot 100 shit then the majority of people would still be praising it and not hating for him making "radio" songs or some shit. And Roll Up isn't something totally different from Wiz. He has always had shit that could be played on the radio on his tapes. So now because he has the actual album coming out and you've heard radio songs (obviously) people want to act like he's all changed and shit.

16. #16 iCremateCanabis, Mar 4, 2011

:rolleyes:

You've really not said anything, this is a thread about Curren$y and Wiz Khalifa, you obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about and will eventually see.

Rather than trying to quietly say what i said was bullshit with a really really really horrible defense, post some good wiz lines that show why he deserves all this fame like i originally asked rather than throwing around fuck and shit and telling me to listen to good music, because i do, and i also browse GC, and when theres a thread about 2 artists i've listened to for 5 years i'm going to post. Anyone have some creative or intelligent Wiz lyrics or a song or two with a meaning?

17. Eminem changed within 14 years, and even called his album "relapse", the bad part is, wiz has changed in a few months? :rolleyes:

Also eminem stopped rapping to pop pills and that played a huge role. Wiz changed up for money weed bitches fame champagne weed bitches fame champagne weed bitches fame champagne weed bitches fame champagne weed bitches fame champagne weed bitches fame champagne XXXX 100000

I'm not bitching and hating, that is what you are doing, if you can't see it then you're stupid.

Good thing the "sell out bullshit" has very very little to do with K&OJ. Good thing nobody was talking about Roll up, the radio play, his hot 100 songs, or Black and Yellow. :rolleyes:

You're the one with "negative shit" and negative vibes, i'm stating my opinion in a thread about them, your getting butthurt as fuck. :smoke:

18. I love how you think you know how I feel about you saying some negative shit lol.

Wiz isn't a dude that you listen to for him being lyrical. If you can't see it then you're stupid. Do you honestly think people are listening to him because of his wordplay and shit? No, they feel his vibe and relate to him. Similar to cudi. You listen to cudi because you feel what he's talking about, like his sound...not because he uses wordplay, metaphors, etc.

Wiz has been changed. Listen to Prince of the City then the Star Power or B.A.R mixtapes. He has his sound that he's comfortable with. If you don't like it, DON'T listen to it. It's that simple.

- sell out - Opinion

- repetitive - Every rapper can be considered repetitive if you really want to.

- not supporting real shit - How? He raps what he knows, it's real to him. It may not be "real" to you or you may not connect with it...but it's still "real"

- knowingly putting out BS to appeal to a demographic of suburban kids college/HS - His shit from star power till now is all pretty similiar. College / HS Suburban kids like his shit, he didn't sit and create this shit so College and HS kids would like him. Plus this is also an opinion, you don't know that shit for sure.

- knowingly contributing to fucking up the rap game - Go back to listening to "real" hip hop then.

- no lyrical skill, no creativity at all. - Opinion

You're the one spending all this time hating. I personally like all types of music. From wiz, to jay, to em, to 3oh3, to papa roach, peirce the viel, john mellancamp, pink, etc, etc, etc.

People need to understand that new artists aren't going to be doing old shit. If you like 90's era hip hop then LISTEN TO IT. Posting negative shit in a thread obviously praising an artist is stupid. It's only going to cause pointless arguments about opinions. If you don't like wiz, why even click on this thread knowing damn well you won't agree with what is being said? Sounds fucking retarded.

I'm not going to attend a D.A.R.E. meeting about how marijuana is bad if I knew before hand that's what it was about....

19. Wiz's new stuff is so so, I will always fuck with curren$y, but fuck if you don't like it don't listen to it then. It's so easy for everyone to hate but guess what they are doing what your not.

As wiz would say

my checks be lookin like phone numbers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l85JNOGorwc]YouTube - Wiz Khalifa - Phone Numbers Ft. Trae Tha Truth & Big Sean[/ame]

20. Yea cabin fever was iffy. It's obvious why it was released (to add a lil buzz).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.